Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 11th Feb 06, 5:57 PM
    • 16,904 Posts
    • 16,057 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 11th Feb 06, 5:57 PM
    • 11th Feb 06, 5:57 PM
    LOL LOL LOL! I thought I'd do a quick google to see if I could help (always interested in disabled parking as hubbie needs it).

I went here to see if there was a list of parking rates in the city. What a pathetic website as far as disabled people are concerned!!!! I suggest you ring them on (029) 2087 3131 and share your feelings on the way their website helps disabled people!

In particular, I am vastly entertained that the Cardiff Council page says 'Holders of orange "disabled" badges are eligible to apply for disabled persons' parking bays outside their homes'. They obviously haven't seen a disabled badge for some time - how many years is it since they went blue???? :rolleyes:
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting the Trussell Trust. Visit our donations page at justgiving, and search for jobbingmusician!
  • k9mike
    • 11th Feb 06, 6:04 PM
    • 11th Feb 06, 6:04 PM
    yes found that site too no info at all thanks any way for looking,would have thought the millennium statium would have given locations on their site but they don't either.here's hoping someone local will know
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 11th Feb 06, 7:32 PM
    • 16,904 Posts
    • 16,057 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 11th Feb 06, 7:32 PM
    • 11th Feb 06, 7:32 PM
    Actually you can just see that there is some disabled parking at the bottom of Westgate Street. If you click on the pathetic little map, it gets larger. And the legend says that a thick blue line means disabled parking. There is one of these at the Wood St end of Westgate Street, if you can walk that far or someone can drop you off
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting the Trussell Trust. Visit our donations page at justgiving, and search for jobbingmusician!
  • mountainofdebt
    • 11th Feb 06, 9:52 PM
    • 11th Feb 06, 9:52 PM
    Be careful though - don't they close certain roads on match days???
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by 1,000.
    Overpayment to date : 310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    15.88 saved to date
  • k9mike
    • 12th Feb 06, 9:50 AM
    • 12th Feb 06, 9:50 AM
    thank you all for helping i see there are disabled parking areas on the map now,helps a lot

thanks
  • pavlovs_dog
    • 12th Feb 06, 6:47 PM
    • 12th Feb 06, 6:47 PM
    yes, westgate street would be completly closed off on match days.

there WAS disabled parking on the hayes, but that isnt available anymore due to ongoing construction in the city

the best place i can think of is churchill way, but that is a fair way from the millennium stadium.

perhaps your best bet would be to phone the stadium directly (or perhaps the booking office if you cant get a direct line), and ask them where they would recommend. after all, they would be best to advise about which roads are closed off on match days

HTH
    know thyself

MFW 2015 # 69 - 857.55/3,000 (28.6%)
    MFiT T3 #29 106k by 2015

Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
    • 16th Feb 06, 7:44 PM
    • 16th Feb 06, 7:44 PM
    how about park and ridiing back in to the city centre, some new buses have the facility
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
  • SAZZLEEVANS
    • 17th Feb 06, 8:38 PM
    • 17th Feb 06, 8:38 PM
    I am a police officer and i tend not to book cars with the orange badge but there is disabled parking just off st mary street on the road that runs down the side of Howells and ends by Lakelands ....Hope thats helps!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,264Posts Today

6,741Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin