Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Who & Where are You? > Local MoneySaving > Wales > Disabled Parking Cardiff (help please) (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Disabled Parking Cardiff (help please)
Closed Thread
Views: 2,855
# 1
k9mike
Old 11-02-2006, 5:43 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Disabled Parking Cardiff (help please)

Anyone cardiff way know the nearest disabled parking to gate 5 of the millennium stadium (train Stn End) for the scotland match on Sunday 12th
# 2
jobbingmusician
Old 11-02-2006, 5:57 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

LOL LOL LOL! I thought I'd do a quick google to see if I could help (always interested in disabled parking as hubbie needs it).

I went here to see if there was a list of parking rates in the city. What a pathetic website as far as disabled people are concerned!!!! I suggest you ring them on (029) 2087 3131 and share your feelings on the way their website helps disabled people!

In particular, I am vastly entertained that the Cardiff Council page says 'Holders of orange "disabled" badges are eligible to apply for disabled persons' parking bays outside their homes'. They obviously haven't seen a disabled badge for some time - how many years is it since they went blue???? :rolleyes:
I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Trainingboards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The Following User Says Thank You to jobbingmusician For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
k9mike
Old 11-02-2006, 6:04 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

yes found that site too no info at all thanks any way for looking,would have thought the millennium statium would have given locations on their site but they don't either.here's hoping someone local will know
# 4
jobbingmusician
Old 11-02-2006, 7:32 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Actually you can just see that there is some disabled parking at the bottom of Westgate Street. If you click on the pathetic little map, it gets larger. And the legend says that a thick blue line means disabled parking. There is one of these at the Wood St end of Westgate Street, if you can walk that far or someone can drop you off
I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Trainingboards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The Following User Says Thank You to jobbingmusician For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
mountainofdebt
Old 11-02-2006, 9:52 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Be careful though - don't they close certain roads on match days???
2014 Target;
To overpay CC by 1,000.
Overpayment to date : 310

2nd Purse Challenge:
15.88 saved to date
The Following User Says Thank You to mountainofdebt For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
k9mike
Old 12-02-2006, 9:50 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

thank you all for helping i see there are disabled parking areas on the map now,helps a lot

thanks
# 7
pavlovs_dog
Old 12-02-2006, 6:47 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

yes, westgate street would be completly closed off on match days.

there WAS disabled parking on the hayes, but that isnt available anymore due to ongoing construction in the city

the best place i can think of is churchill way, but that is a fair way from the millennium stadium.

perhaps your best bet would be to phone the stadium directly (or perhaps the booking office if you cant get a direct line), and ask them where they would recommend. after all, they would be best to advise about which roads are closed off on match days

HTH
know thyself

MFW 2014 # 46 - 2000/2,000 (100%)
MFiT T3 #29 106k by 2015

Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
# 8
Old 16-02-2006, 7:44 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

how about park and ridiing back in to the city centre, some new buses have the facility
Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
# 9
SAZZLEEVANS
Old 17-02-2006, 8:38 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I am a police officer and i tend not to book cars with the orange badge but there is disabled parking just off st mary street on the road that runs down the side of Howells and ends by Lakelands ....Hope thats helps!!
Closed Thread