Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    SopwithCamel
    Lloyds TSB Debit Card Blocking
    • 16th Feb 09, 10:45 PM
    Lloyds TSB Debit Card Blocking 16th Feb 09 at 10:45 PM
    I'm having a problem with my debit card, and I'm getting to the stage where I just don't know what to do. I live in an isolated area, and therefore most of my purchases are done online, but they have a pattern to them - Tesco.com, a few clothes stores, Virgin Mobile, Argos, the usual sort of thing. However, since September last year I have had my debit card previously blocked on four seperate occasions, culminating in being frozen twice today.

I understand that banks have a responsibility to check for fraud on debit cards, and they can be faintly Luddite when it comes to internet purchasing, but I do think that Lloyds blocking me over purchases from places that I have used before, and for small amounts (20 top up on my mobile every two months once flagged, as did a direct debit I have been paying every month for four years) is getting rather ridiculous. I don't have any other complaints with the bank, I have been with them for twenty years and they have always been fair, but I am getting to the end of my tether now and am considering another bank.

Does anyone have any advice to give me? They won't remove me from the automatic flagging system, and I am dreading the day where I go to make a payment in a local shop and get declined without any warning. Reasons I have been given for my card being blocked are purchases made on the internet (see above) or incorrect addresses meaning the card being declined and then frozen, even if this is from stores that store details and I have used them before without any problem. It just gets a bit soul destroying ringing them up every four weeks to get this removed. Or is this just one of those things that we people who rely on the internet have to deal with?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

450Posts Today

2,621Users online

Martin's Twitter