Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Who & Where are You? > Local MoneySaving > Wales > carboot sales in swansea, carmarthen or llanelli (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
carboot sales in swansea, carmarthen or llanelli
Views: 40,340
# 1
LaraJP
Old 05-02-2009, 4:01 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default carboot sales in swansea, carmarthen or llanelli

I know its a bit out of season but I have a load of stuff to take to car boots and want to start as soon as possible!

Can anyone tell me if any carboots are on in swansea, carmarthen or llanelli? weekends and indoor pref but any help would be great.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
LaraJP
Old 16-03-2009, 3:39 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Anyone got any updates on this?
# 3
Allen.H
Old 17-03-2009, 10:11 PM
MoneySaving Convert

There is a new one starting on 5th April 9-0am - 1-0pm 5. oo per car situated indoor and outdoor At Llanelli Electricity Club Maesycoed Road, i.e. the entrance to Stradey Park It will be held every other week. further info can be obtained by phoning the club on 01554 772330 evening time
The Following User Says Thank You to Allen.H For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
tommygirl
Old 18-03-2009, 2:10 PM
MoneySaving Convert

There is usually a car boot sale in Swansea. This is held on a Saturday 8:00 til about 1:00, located in the car park by Singleton Hospital and the Welsh National Pool. I believe it costs 5 per car.
The Following User Says Thank You to tommygirl For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
flutterbyuk25
Old 18-03-2009, 9:22 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Saw a sign today on the road from Gowerton (roundabout near The Wave and Harvester) to Fforestfach about car boot sale in Julians on Saturdays but couln't read any more. The sign was on the roundabout that has turning to Garden Village, then turning to Fforestfach and another turning to the road with car garages on (CEM Days and others).

Sorry if that's a useless description!!

I will try check it out again but don't go that way everyday.

x
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like, but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.

279 257

Last edited by flutterbyuk25; 19-03-2009 at 8:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to flutterbyuk25 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
flutterbyuk25
Old 19-03-2009, 8:25 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Also saw a sign today for one at the Showground in Carmarthen on Sundays

x
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like, but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.

279 257
The Following User Says Thank You to flutterbyuk25 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
Allen.H
Old 20-03-2009, 10:05 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Another one in Llanelli is held in the Main Multi Storey carpark They charge 8. 00 on a Sunday and I believe they are open all year
The Following User Says Thank You to Allen.H For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
balloo
Old 22-03-2009, 9:03 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen.H View Post
Another one in Llanelli is held in the Main Multi Storey carpark They charge 8. 00 on a Sunday and I believe they are open all year
Yes but the Multi Storey car park is Low Headroom so if you have a van you will not get in unless you are prepared to carry your items up 4 flights of stairs there is a lift but hit or miss. And they are not open all year but it is on again now every fortnight.

Clydach market Runs a boot sale to its on a Wed, Sat, & Sun indoor but please check if you are going there.

Rehola Market Neath on Sat (Indoor) If you have any new stuff to sell (thats more than one item of the same) they will charge you the same rates as the market traders Per foot frontage.

Carmarthen (indoors) and outdoors first come first served basis.

Last edited by balloo; 22-03-2009 at 9:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to balloo For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
LaraJP
Old 22-03-2009, 4:37 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by balloo View Post
Yes but the Multi Storey car park is Low Headroom so if you have a van you will not get in unless you are prepared to carry your items up 4 flights of stairs there is a lift but hit or miss. And they are not open all year but it is on again now every fortnight.

Clydach market Runs a boot sale to its on a Wed, Sat, & Sun indoor but please check if you are going there.

Rehola Market Neath on Sat (Indoor) If you have any new stuff to sell (thats more than one item of the same) they will charge you the same rates as the market traders Per foot frontage.

Carmarthen (indoors) and outdoors first come first served basis.

Any contact details for the clydach one? I have tried to search but canot find and e-mail or number. Just want to check if they are open now or start in april or something. Thanks for your help with the above!
# 10
panpipe
Old 26-03-2009, 8:04 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Another vote here for the Singleton Hospital one on Saturday mornings. I'd recommend getting there very early, especially if it's a sunny day. My dad and I got there by 6.30am one nice morning and only just managed to get a pitch! Likewise with the Carmarthen Showground one, get there early if you want an indoor space.
Life must be lived forwards, but can only be understood backwards - Kierkegaard
The Following User Says Thank You to panpipe For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
LaraJP
Old 27-03-2009, 7:07 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

i think ill start over easter weekend- these posts have been great so thanks to all. Any idea if there will be one on bank holiday monday?
# 12
LmmrCoLtd
Old 01-07-2009, 1:16 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile Llanelli Multi-storey boot sales

Guys for those of you still looking to flog some of your unwanted clutter, or those of you after a bargain, the car boot sales are still running at the Multi-storey car park, Llanelli. They are running every Sunday through until November. Running from 7.15am-1pm

Cars and vans (transit) are now only 6! 3 pitches are only 9. We don't charge an entry fee like other boot sales, so it really is the best deal. It is in the shade so sellers or buyers won't bake in the heat either. Refreshments available.

Plus support a local charity in the process, all proceeds go towards the Cynheidre Heritage Project lmmrcoltd.com

Any questions then please visit our website and email us.

LMMR

Last edited by LmmrCoLtd; 21-08-2011 at 7:43 PM.
# 13
LaraJP
Old 15-07-2009, 8:31 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

found out today that there is a car boot in liberty stadium every other sunday starts at 8.00. Its on this sunday (19.07.09). Haven't ben myself yet but apparently it is quite busy.
# 14
sahra
Old 19-07-2009, 7:45 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Parc Y Scarlets in Llanelli also do a bootsale every Sunday.
# 15
solarman
Old 22-07-2009, 9:49 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Car boot

Julians Car Boot in gorseinon , (next to Day's garage) is on sunday mornings.

It does get quite busy there if its dry so I'd get there early. I've never done a boot sale there myself but my wife has dragged me there many many....many times , and then onto Llanelli one after that !!!!!
# 16
Allen.H
Old 22-07-2009, 10:23 PM
MoneySaving Convert

For your information, the boot sale on a Sunday at Llanelli Electricity Club has now been moved to a Wednesday Evening 5-0pm to 9-0om
# 17
Mistyweather
Old 29-08-2010, 6:27 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

These messages were all last year, does anyone know which are the best ones around this year. Or are they all still available?
# 18
lizzieloumcg
Old 03-09-2010, 1:09 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyweather View Post
These messages were all last year, does anyone know which are the best ones around this year. Or are they all still available?

hi,
i have just found this site:
www. carbootjunction .co.uk
(it wont let me post the link as i am a new user, but if you go to the website above, click find a car boot on the left panel, then select swansea from the town option and hit search, it will come up with details of 5 car boots in the area.)

not too sure when the next one in the Liberty is, wether is this sunday or the next, if i find any more info will post it on here!!

=]

*****more info*****
have just read on the liberty stadium website that the carboot is now open every sunday due to its popularity, but the post was back in april. best bet would be to ring them on 08712 223 224.

Last edited by lizzieloumcg; 03-09-2010 at 1:14 PM. Reason: extra info
# 19
DEL BOY TROTTER
Old 17-06-2011, 6:43 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default car boots

im 15 years old and i do car boots and these are a few that i now:

llanelli multi storey car park every sunday between 7am and 1pm
jullians swansea gowertan every sunday between 6am and 1pm
ffos las trimsaran 9am-1pm

tel: 01554 778887
or email me:macaulys91@live.co.uk

if you now of any more let me now thanks
# 20
taff girl
Old 28-06-2011, 12:15 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I get rid of my household clutter every few months or so and always go to the one at Singleton Hospital on a Saturday morning.
Good for selling and buying, well organised and mainly on tarmac.
The main downside is the early start needed to guarantee a pitch - no later than 7am in good weather and earlier if you can face it.

The one at Julians is a bit scraggy.

I have been told that the one in Llanelli is also good but I have not been there.