Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • socks_uk
    • By socks_uk 29th Jan 06, 7:59 PM
    • 2,693Posts
    • 2,091Thanks
    socks_uk
    Planning permission to move kitchen location??
    • 29th Jan 06, 7:59 PM
    Planning permission to move kitchen location?? 29th Jan 06 at 7:59 PM
    I've had an offer accepted on a bungalow I want to buyand the kitchen is described as...

'Double base unit with stainless steel sink and hot and cold taps.'

And, quite literally, that's all there is in it and thats great because I can choose my own kitchen design. The bungalow has an extension slightly bigger than the 'kitchen' that I'd rather relocate the kitchen into, then creating a dining/chill out room where the kitchen is now (basically swapping 2 rooms next to each other).

Does anyone know if I need to seek planning permission for such a move and is there anything else I should consider apart from plumbing & drainage and any electricity/gas works?

Thanks,
    Jill
Page 1
  • bruce2110
    • 29th Jan 06, 8:02 PM
    room move...
    • 29th Jan 06, 8:02 PM
    in short, nope you don't need planning permission

all you need to consider is plumbing, gas and drainage as mentioned in your post!!

bruce2110
    • socks_uk
    • By socks_uk 29th Jan 06, 8:31 PM
    • 2,693 Posts
    • 2,091 Thanks
    socks_uk
    • 29th Jan 06, 8:31 PM
    • 29th Jan 06, 8:31 PM
    Thanks bruce2110,

I'm just studying various comments on here about different kitchen suppliers.

I'm itching to be able to go view the house again to make more accurate measurements and look where the drains are etc. Maybe I'll make an appointment for next weekend. Surveyers might have been in touch by then.

Jill
    • plumb1
    • By plumb1 29th Jan 06, 9:28 PM
    • 2,979 Posts
    • 899 Thanks
    plumb1
    • 29th Jan 06, 9:28 PM
    • 29th Jan 06, 9:28 PM
    in short, nope you don't need planning permission

all you need to consider is plumbing, gas and drainage as mentioned in your post!!

bruce2110
    by bruce2110
    And building regs
    A thankyou is payment enough .
    • socks_uk
    • By socks_uk 30th Jan 06, 6:19 AM
    • 2,693 Posts
    • 2,091 Thanks
    socks_uk
    • 30th Jan 06, 6:19 AM
    • 30th Jan 06, 6:19 AM
    And building regs
    by plumb1
    Thanks plumb1... Who do I approach for building regs? I want to do everything correct. I guess I'd need building regs if I wanted to make a living space in the loft too. Thought about fitting a staircase - that's if it's all within our budget.

I might as well do as much 'homework' as I can while we're going through the buying/selling process.

Jill
  • bruce2110
    • 30th Jan 06, 5:47 PM
    building regs!
    • 30th Jan 06, 5:47 PM
    sorry plumb1 your spot on as always!!

all your works do need to comply yo current building regs of course, you should be able to get advise on the works your carring out by contacting your local council planning dept, they will point you in the right direction regarding drainage, electrical issues ect.

regarding any gas work, make sure you seek advise from an experianced CORGI registerd plumber

hth

Bruce2110
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,964Posts Today

9,656Users online

Martin's Twitter