Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 20th Jan 09, 11:05 PM
    • 27,535 Posts
    • 15,495 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 20th Jan 09, 11:05 PM
    • 20th Jan 09, 11:05 PM
    Domestic & General repair & protection plan.

Extended warrantly for white goods, TV, etc?

Search the forum (search tool top right of the screen) for "DGS/RPP" without the quotes for more threads.
  • Mikeyorks
    • 20th Jan 09, 11:08 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=285079

Post #4 in this thread? Monthly payments to Domestic General for electrical equipment insurance .... looks favourite?
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
    • chambta
    • By chambta 20th Jan 09, 11:08 PM
    • 2,685 Posts
    • 993 Thanks
    chambta
    Isn't it Domestic and General? Usually be a small payment for a warranty for an electrical item like a washer/cooker. Think they're based in Bedworth, Warwicks. Call them quoting the reference on the d/d.
  • Jays
    • 20th Jan 09, 11:10 PM
    • 20th Jan 09, 11:10 PM
    Thanks for your help guys.

Jays
  • Mikeyorks
    • 20th Jan 09, 11:11 PM
    • 20th Jan 09, 11:11 PM
    Domestic & General repair & protection plan.
    Originally posted by YorkshireBoy
    It's uncanny the way you do that. I'm missing for days - decide to post a reply after a bit of reading - and there you are .... 3 minutes ahead .. again. Can you see my screen?????
  • Mikeyorks
    • 20th Jan 09, 11:17 PM
    • 20th Jan 09, 11:17 PM
    Thanks for your help guys.

Jays
    Originally posted by Jays
    Unfortunately I'm a few months ahead of you as an Exor - for the same reason. Had online access to my Mum's account .... so things like this were made easier. But her Bank should be able to provide an expanded list of DD Mandates filed on the account ..... if you have any more problems (or suspect there are any annual DDs which don't show from a sweep of just recent Statements)
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 21st Jan 09, 8:54 PM
    • 9,325 Posts
    • 16,395 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    • 21st Jan 09, 8:54 PM
    • 21st Jan 09, 8:54 PM
    It definitely is... I've got one and thats what it shows as on my account.
    Proud to have been a sponsor to an amazing guy who I will miss a lot, always Team V! !
    Thrilled to have met my hero 13 and 15/05. Still 3 miles high and I'm so happy! Thanks Fran
    Will always miss you Elle and will never forget you, brightest star in the sky xx
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 21st Jan 09, 9:16 PM
    • 6,668 Posts
    • 4,119 Thanks
    Biggles
    • 21st Jan 09, 9:16 PM
    • 21st Jan 09, 9:16 PM
    My mum recently died and I am one of the executors of her will. We have to contact all the companies she had a direct debit set up with
    Originally posted by Jays
    I'm in the same position. You don't have to contact any companies, you just have to tell HSBC (and take them a death certificate) and they freeze the account. No more DDs can then possibly be taken from it.

Surely you've told her bank?
  • Mikeyorks
    You don't have to contact any companies, you just have to tell HSBC (and take them a death certificate) and they freeze the account. No more DDs can then possibly be taken from it.
    Originally posted by Biggles
    That's absolutely right. But unless you beat a very rapid path to the door of the originators - the DDs will bounce. And, in my experience, it then becomes far more difficult to resolve issues than if you get in first.
  • Jays
    Thanks for all your help guys.

I need to know as the solicitor handing the estate did not recoqnise it, she is dealing with all the asset and liability providers and, therefore, checking out who mum paid any money to. I had already closed the accounts anyway.

You solved the problem, thanks for your help.
    Jays
  • russell55555
    Watch out, my wife has just been caught for £173 for so called protection-for a new Stoves oven with a years guarantee!! We did not know that a verbal yes is all it takes for a direct debit to begin;we always thought it took a signature. We had an old oven when we moved but it would not work on arrival. Called out a guy to repair it. beyong repair-recommended that we bought a new Stoves oven which we did. In the process of change over my wife says that she must have said "YES" somewhere to the guy who came to repair it and thus Domestic and General started to take money each month out of my wifes account. She only noticed when the renewal turned up!!! She admits it was her fault, so be warned NEVER SAY YES TO DOMESTIC AND GENERAL or they will set up a direct debit and take your money!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,837Posts Today

5,228Users online

Martin's Twitter