Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • EdInvestor
    • 12th Jan 09, 4:11 PM
    • 12th Jan 09, 4:11 PM
    Relax. It's the additional Christmas bonus, a one-off for pensioners and people on selected benefits such as IB.Millions got it today..
  • sharon59
    • 12th Jan 09, 4:16 PM
    Have a great time spending some of it -its all yours so dont worry about giving it back!x
    this money saving is such fun
    • Bykerlass
    • By Bykerlass 12th Jan 09, 4:16 PM
    • 875 Posts
    • 572 Thanks
    Bykerlass
    Are you saying that anyone on IB will be given this bonus? I have not received anything today.
    I USED TO BE INDECISIVE BUT NOW I'M NOT SO SURE!

Rich people tell you that money doesn't bring you happiness just so the poor people don't feel jealous.
  • clairissa
    • 12th Jan 09, 4:17 PM
    Really!!!!
    • 12th Jan 09, 4:17 PM
    Wow!!! why didnt they tell me? not used to extras!!! Wow again!
  • anguk
    • 12th Jan 09, 4:57 PM
    • 12th Jan 09, 4:57 PM
    Are you saying that anyone on IB will be given this bonus? I have not received anything today.
    Originally posted by Bykerlass
    Anyone who gets the £10 Christmas bonus will get the £60 bonus sometime between January and March. Not everyone has received their money yet, some have some haven't, it seems to be a bit of a lucky dip! Both myself and my husband qualify for it but neither of us has received it yet.
    Last edited by anguk; 12-01-2009 at 5:00 PM.
    • Bykerlass
    • By Bykerlass 12th Jan 09, 7:00 PM
    • 875 Posts
    • 572 Thanks
    Bykerlass
    • 12th Jan 09, 7:00 PM
    • 12th Jan 09, 7:00 PM
    Anyone who gets the £10 Christmas bonus will get the £60 bonus sometime between January and March. Not everyone has received their money yet, some have some haven't, it seems to be a bit of a lucky dip! Both myself and my husband qualify for it but neither of us has received it yet.
    Originally posted by anguk
    Great news, I had heard a vague rumour about people on DLA were to receive this but had not had any comfirmation, this is a most welcome surprise.
    I USED TO BE INDECISIVE BUT NOW I'M NOT SO SURE!

Rich people tell you that money doesn't bring you happiness just so the poor people don't feel jealous.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,872Posts Today

6,682Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GemmaRobyn: @MartinSLewis my parents earned +£50k but it didn't mean they could afford to help. I worked 2 jobs at uni to get by. Why b?

• RT @JackieMutlow: @MartinSLewis @GMB Daughters loans not enough we pay 2 months rent a year (2x £410) AND £250 a month for food, train etc?

• Morning. On way to @gmb for 7:40 slot, this week warning to parents about student finance, get paid to cut debt costs, free cafe nero & more

• Follow Martin