Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

How to roughly work out my electricity bill?
    • 11th Dec 08, 4:12 PM
    How to roughly work out my electricity bill? 11th Dec 08 at 4:12 PM
    Hi my partner and I have been living now in our new build 2 bed home for just over 8 months.

To cut a long story short i have not yet had an electricity bill despite giving readings twice but have had gas.

So i enquired and we had been de-energized but we hadn't because we still have had electricity!!

So now in february we will have the last eight months bill added to it which im starting to pay towards now.

Im just trying to work out roughly how much i can expect to pay?

Over the eight months we've roughly used 1617.6 kw which works out as 202.2 per month, which is roughly 0.8286 per day.

So by feburary it'l be around 2224.2 after 11 months.

Im with Southern Electric on a standard domestic plan so how can i work out what i can expect to pay?

Gary Hounsome
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

833Posts Today

5,559Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • 25m byron burger voucher ends in seconds

• It's official (by me) Manchester has a far better crisp selection than London & cheaper. Just refound tomato snaps & salt n vinegar twists!

• RT @flickandjulie: When you're travelling the UK with a comedy sketch show inspired by the wonderful @MartinSLewis & this happens! ???? http:/?

• Follow Martin