Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 11th Nov 08, 7:09 PM
    • 7,736Posts
    • 19,431Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Sigur Ros Downloads
    • 11th Nov 08, 7:09 PM
    0 WOW
    Sigur Ros Downloads 11th Nov 08 at 7:09 PM
    If you're into Icelandic band Sigur Ros, then there are recordings of old tracks available to download from the media section of their website.

Sigur Ros Downloads

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Dan; 11-11-2008 at 8:33 PM.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 1
  • jiblets1
    • 12th Nov 08, 6:35 PM
    • 12th Nov 08, 6:35 PM
    which one's the one from the BBC intro adverts - my OH was asking about that this week! Is it on there?
    Am not witty enough to put something cool and informative here
    • IndieSinger
    • By IndieSinger 12th Nov 08, 7:02 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    IndieSinger
    • 12th Nov 08, 7:02 PM
    Mmm, Sigur R!s
    • 12th Nov 08, 7:02 PM
    I've loved Sigur Ros for several years. I whole-heartedly recommend them to anyone who likes ambient, chill-out, ethereal, atmospheric, emotive music.

On that site, you can also download Staralfur, which is amazing. A lovely track to wake up to, if you can set your alarm to whatever song you like!

Olsen Olsen is also great. In fact the whole Ágætis byrjun album is wonderful. As is the album confusingly called ( ).

Great find, thank you!
    Last edited by IndieSinger; 12-11-2008 at 7:16 PM.
    • IndieSinger
    • By IndieSinger 12th Nov 08, 7:11 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    IndieSinger
    • 12th Nov 08, 7:11 PM
    • 12th Nov 08, 7:11 PM
    which one's the one from the BBC intro adverts - my OH was asking about that this week! Is it on there?
    Originally posted by jiblets1

I don't think the BBC have ever used other people's music for their idents. However, Sigur Ros's music is often used as "beds" on programmes, adverts and trailers. The most popular one to use is probably Hoppipolla, which has been used to advertise, amongst other programmes, the BBC's Planet Earth. See if that's the one you want by listening to it on Dizzler.

If you're definitely after the music used on an ident, you could check out the BBC's "Downloads and Idents" page.
    Last edited by IndieSinger; 12-11-2008 at 7:15 PM.
  • MediSin
    • 13th Nov 08, 1:41 AM
    • 13th Nov 08, 1:41 AM
    I don't think the BBC have ever used other people's music for their idents.
    They do, it's where I discovered Lemon Jelly :-)
    I think it's a Sigur ros track that gets played on the ident with the hot air balloon?
    BBC sneaks a lot of good music in amongst mediocre programmes...
  • tillytat
    • 13th Nov 08, 1:45 AM
    • 13th Nov 08, 1:45 AM
    Thanks for this, will give it a go.
  • jiblets1
    • 13th Nov 08, 5:03 PM
    • 13th Nov 08, 5:03 PM

I don't think the BBC have ever used other people's music for their idents. However, Sigur Ros's music is often used as "beds" on programmes, adverts and trailers. The most popular one to use is probably Hoppipolla, which has been used to advertise, amongst other programmes, the BBC's Planet Earth. See if that's the one you want by listening to it on Dizzler.

If you're definitely after the music used on an ident, you could check out the BBC's "Downloads and Idents" page.
    Originally posted by IndieSinger
    That's the one!!! Thank you!!!
    Am not witty enough to put something cool and informative here
  • snipeor
    • 13th Nov 08, 7:08 PM
    • 13th Nov 08, 7:08 PM
    I dont think you will find the track you are looking for if your talking about the song that the bbc used for the Planet Earth documentary adverts. I think its called Hoppipolla.

Also I swear I heard supermassive black hole by muse on blue peter once.
    Last edited by snipeor; 13-11-2008 at 7:10 PM.
  • wolflikeme
    • 13th Nov 08, 10:03 PM
    • 13th Nov 08, 10:03 PM
    Thank you. I'm going to see them in London next week. Can't wait! One of the greatest live acts on the planet.
    • IndieSinger
    • By IndieSinger 13th Nov 08, 10:12 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    IndieSinger
    Thank you. I'm going to see them in London next week. Can't wait! One of the greatest live acts on the planet.
    Originally posted by wolflikeme
    They are, yes! I remember seeing them at South Park in Oxford. They opened with Svefn-g-englar with him echoing the main chorus riff a capella. Lovely!
  • Murphs
    As you all seem to like Ambient music. Check out ambientrecords.co.uk

Good website for all things ambient - including Sigur Ros.

The guy really knows his stuff so if you are trying to track down music he would be a good source of help.
    Murphs
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,216Posts Today

6,318Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @WaterWatchdog: More than 250,000 consumers used our water meter calculator in 2015/16 - thanks in no small part to this man.... https:/?

• A phrase I never thought I'd read, "George Clooney plays Lee Gates, a brash version of our Martin Lewis" - Sun's review of Money Monster.

• RT @BeautyMeSurrey: @MartinSLewis sainsburys offer is back working!! Thank you!

• Follow Martin