Holiday Rooms Direct/ Travel Trust Association

Options
Hi All....

Anyone having a issue with these Guys?

I booked a room with them for 14 nights in Spain and paid in full. I thought it was ok as it clearly states on their website that thay are full menebrs on the TTA(TRAVEL TRUST ASSOCIATION).

I have now discovered that they are no longer members of the TTA, and they have ceased Trading until an investigation into accounting is conducted. It still states they are full members on their website.

I emailed both Holiday rooms direct and the TTA. I recieved an email for the managing director of HRD Jennifer Davies advising they are being investigated and have ceased trading until its fully complete. She has no idea how long this will take.

The TTA have not responed to any of my emails. Just a little concerned that they are not responding, if HRD go bust any monies I have paid are held by the TTA. Or that is what I thought?

Anyone been in a similar situation?

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It really depends on whether they were members of the TTA when you booked. If they were, I cannot see the TTA being able to deny you a refund, they hold a separate account for each member. I should try calling them on 0870 8890 577 or an 01483 number if you can find it, they are based in Woking
  • bewley
    Options
    Alan_Bowen wrote: »
    It really depends on whether they were members of the TTA when you booked. If they were, I cannot see the TTA being able to deny you a refund, they hold a separate account for each member. I should try calling them on 0870 8890 577 or an 01483 number if you can find it, they are based in Woking

Hi, I've also booked with this company and got a call from them today to tell me that they were not taking bookings for 4 weeks and they were no longer members of the TTA but everything is OK?????? I have only paid them a deposit but they are due to take the balance for my booking on Monday. Should Ipay them more money or cancel?
  • bewley
    Options
    Nightwish wrote: »
    Hi All....

i, Just spoke to someone at the TTA and was told that they are now dealing with all bookings made by Holiday Rooms Direct. They need to contact all suppliers to confirm whether they are happy to honour any bookings made and will confirm this with customers later next week. If a booking is no longer available then refunds will be issued by the TTA. They will also deal with payments for any balances due on confirmed bookings. Hope this makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure