Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > webuyanycar.co.uk - any feedback? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
webuyanycar.co.uk - any feedback?
Closed Thread
Views: 8,474
# 1
Doublespresso
Old 03-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default webuyanycar.co.uk - any feedback?

any feedback from people here who used this site?

They quoted a "so so" price online, but I fear that if/when I make the appointment to complete the transaction they will find any excuse to knock the price down further.
# 2
hewhoisnotintheknow
Old 03-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

do a search, most people report them as little !!!!!!s
The Following User Says Thank You to hewhoisnotintheknow For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
CHR15
Old 03-11-2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublespresso View Post
but I fear that if/when I make the appointment to complete the transaction they will find any excuse to knock the price down further.
I've read similar stories about them. To get the quoted price your car would have to be in showroom condition, brand new tyres, brand new brakes, brand new exhaust etc etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to CHR15 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
sportage1kia
Old 03-11-2008, 11:55 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi there
If you look at my other post I have also tried to find people who have used this car website amongst others, but at present they appear to give you a price then knock you down when you take the car in, but you are under no obligation. Good luck
Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to sportage1kia For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
Doublespresso
Old 04-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thanks, I searched other threads in here and it looks like my fears have been confirmed.
I wouldn't have minded trying them out, but what annoys me is that they seem to play the time game, i.e. prolonging the process hoping you'll give in.
# 6
albionrovers
Old 04-11-2008, 8:03 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

They offered me 810 online.

I got 750, was happy with that. Whole process took 5 mins.

My car had heaps wrong with it but bodywork was shiny and it started 1st time.
# 7
oldagetraveller
Old 04-11-2008, 10:58 AM

Daughter and SIL tried them with a 6 yr old C5 Diesel estate. Their quoted initial price was acceptable, slightly more than trade in. However, after listing every, as they thought, little defect on the car, the webuy rep "found" all sorts of other faults, even a slight mark on the driver's seat base covering not visible without lying upside down in the front footwell! After his inspection the original offer dropped by about 300 so they told him to get lost and sold the car privately.
They only went the webuy route to avaoid the hassle of advertising, viewings by prospective buyers etc.
So if you're not prepared for a lot less than expectation then don't go there. If you think all defects, including v. minor cosmetic ones have been listed for the original quote then you'll be sadly disappointed. They'll find something wrong to decrease their offer.
The Conservative Party is a bit like double cream. Rich, thick and full of clots!
# 8
TiTheRev
Old 04-11-2008, 1:04 PM

One word... Bargepole!
Luke 6:38
The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
The Following User Says Thank You to TiTheRev For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
david69
Old 08-11-2008, 5:39 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

another word tit
# 10
sheslookinhot
Old 09-11-2008, 7:00 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Location: I'm in the phone booth, it's the one across the hall

Think about the service they offer. They buy the car cheap and sell at a small profit. Why would they give you what the value of the car is, whatever that may be. They are a business after all
2013 MFW challenge
Target:- Mortgage Free this year
b
alance at 1 Mar= 1,931
# 11
Doublespresso
Old 10-11-2008, 7:15 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheslookinhot View Post
Think about the service they offer. They buy the car cheap and sell at a small profit. Why would they give you what the value of the car is, whatever that may be. They are a business after all
Thanks for your contribution... and for stating the obvious :rolleyes:
but this is not really the topic of the thread
# 12
Vestra
Old 11-11-2008, 9:48 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

But if they are valuing me car at 3000 online and the dealer I am buying a car at is offering me 2000 part exchange, surely they won't find 1000 worth of defects?
# 13
TiTheRev
Old 11-11-2008, 9:55 AM

It's been said before that they will! Scuffs, scratches, chips in the widscreen, poor wipers...they will pick up every fault and lower the price accordingly. A previous post about this company offered about 2000 on line, they came out to inspect it and only got offered about 800 in the end!

Quote:
another word tit
Was there any need for that? :confused:
Luke 6:38
The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
# 14
123oleary
Old 11-11-2008, 6:20 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

i posted a similar thread last week. i went ahead and used them and was pretty happy with the result. i'm just waiting for the money to clear tomorrow. their offer was only slightly lower than their online valuation. if your happy with their online valuation i'd say go ahead and try them - you can always walk away if their offer is lower and you would only have wasted a day or two.
# 15
sportage1kia
Old 12-11-2008, 11:51 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi there
I tried another online valulation car website Bestcarbuyer.co.uk and recieved a quote for a 6 year old car 600-800, but next day received an e-mail from them stating that the car was not in their purchasing criteria, so could not make me an offer.
Regards
# 16
gardenqueen
Old 04-05-2010, 1:18 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:

They quoted a "so so" price online, but I fear that if/when I make the appointment to complete the transaction they will find any excuse to knock the price down further.
Hi, My son recently tried webuyanycar, he's going travelling and needed to sell his pride and joy, a SEAT Toledo V5. He had kept the car fully serviced and was forever polishing the damn thing. The quote he got was a mere 1195 plus they wanted a further 49 admin charge if he went through with the sale. I told him to shop around and see if he could get a better deal. He finally sold his car for 1525 to a company called yourcarsworthmore.com and they were true to there name although they did originaly offer 1650, but still they beat anycar by almost 400. I'm not sure if they are a national company but i would defiantly recommend shopping around. I hope this helps.
# 17
CHR15
Old 04-05-2010, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenqueen View Post
Hi, My son recently tried webuyanycar, he's going travelling and needed to sell his pride and joy, a SEAT Toledo V5. He had kept the car fully serviced and was forever polishing the damn thing. The quote he got was a mere 1195 plus they wanted a further 49 admin charge if he went through with the sale. I told him to shop around and see if he could get a better deal. He finally sold his car for 1525 to a company called yourcarsworthmore.com and they were true to there name although they did originaly offer 1650, but still they beat anycar by almost 400. I'm not sure if they are a national company but i would defiantly recommend shopping around. I hope this helps.
The Website was only created on 26 April 2010.

You must have been one of the very first customers....... or do I detect some chopped pork shoulder meat with ham meat added, salt, water, modified potato starch as a binder, and sodium nitrite to help keep its colour???
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CHR15 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
Wally75
Old 06-05-2010, 1:12 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Have just posted on another thread re webuyanycar.

My advise would be to list any defects and be careful listing optional extras, as if they are standard on the car in question they will knock some off.

My online quote was 4,350, and they knocked 50 of because it had less than a months tax on it. This was a great result as I was only offered 2,800 and 3,600 in part-ex and 4,300 was about the going rate on Autotrader.

Cheers

Wally
# 19
Robo1955
Old 18-06-2011, 8:21 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Angry We buy any car.con

Quote:

Dont go there unless you are absolutely desperate

I wanted to sell my 9 year old mpv (Renault Megane/Scenic) full mot in good condition.
I asked them for a quote and the gave me an offer of 45.00 for my Renault, I declined and they offered me 65.00.
They wanted to charge me a handling fee on top.

I ended up selling it for 950.00 in the local press
# 20
anotherbaldrick
Old 18-06-2011, 11:55 AM

I sold to them a couple of years ago and got a good price but when I tried recently the price they offered was poor, I finally got 2K more as a trade in and that was in addition to a discount on the new car.
You scullion! You rampallian! You fustilarian! Ill tickle your catastrophe (Henry IV part 2)
Closed Thread