Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    mrs baggins
    which type of carpet is best?
    • 3rd Nov 08, 7:51 AM
    which type of carpet is best? 3rd Nov 08 at 7:51 AM
    I have all hard flooring downstairs and i dont think this is helping with me feeling the cold so after a long debate I have decided tyo get the living room carpeted but it is just so confusing!!! thought you guys may help me please??

I am having to take the laminate up and the base will be concrete. Went into a big carpet superstore last week and told them of my dilemma and what I thought i wanted and was told straight away not to have wool but go straight for polypropelyne. I chose one and they were supposed to come and measure at a certain time span but didnt so am now looking at a smaller family run shop again locally.

They have told me different!!! they said to go for a wool/pp mix !

Whats the best? I am willing to spend no more than 20 per square m for carpet which at the first shop would be about 600 for the room with underlay and fitting.

I live by myself so have no small children making it dirty although my son does occ bring his dog round! I would like a fairly pale carpet if poss. Was advised in both shops to have a short twist pile either with flecks in or without but am confused about the carpet content.

the one I was going to have was pp and it stated that it could be cleaned with a bleach solution which sounded good . basically I want a carpet that wears well, doesnt stain and looks good. I know I am after the impossible and if I were to spill a cup of hot coffee it would stain no matter what but wanted people opinions on what to get or what to avoid.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,316Posts Today

15,566Users online

Martin's Twitter