Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • GreenManG0
    • 9th Nov 08, 6:38 PM
    • 9th Nov 08, 6:38 PM
    In the Birmingham Selfridges store, right near to the denim department next to the till -on i think the top floor ( will update when i visit next) - there is a rail of reduced clothes, mainly jeans. Some of the jeans are ripped, where I'm guessing people have underestimated their size when trying on, however some pairs look to be discontinued lines.

Two weeks ago I brought a pair of 7forallmankind jeans, reduced from
    170 to 30, the only "fault" i can see is that the top closure, about the zip, does not sit flat, but this was easily corrected with a needle and thread!

Not sure if this is standard in every Selfridges store, but i always check the Birmingham store now from some high quality low cost jeans that fit perfectly!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts

• Flickering Ember
    • 10th Nov 08, 9:31 AM
    • 10th Nov 08, 9:31 AM
    If you notice a small fault that you can mend yourself, ask for a discount; this is at their discretion but they usually give you 10% off. For this I mean a small hole or a button missing.

If you're young-looking and in a part of the country with an accent different to yours, pretend to be a student!! Seriously, it sometimes works. If asked for a student card, say your wallet went missing in the SU bar last night, and then add, "it was lucky I keep this in my pocket for safety" as you hand over your credit/debit card. Hope this 2nd suggestion isn't against forum rules.
    Flickering Embers grow higher and higher...I need a break and I wanna be a paperback writer!
  • gastronomix
    • 30th Mar 10, 2:26 AM
    • 30th Mar 10, 2:26 AM
    Persistance pays...
    Unwilling to leave Debenhams paying full price for a suit I first asked to see the department manager. He was 'in a meeting' but would be back in an hour. Returning an hour later apparently he was no longer in the meeting but had gone home. A floor manager offered me 10% if I signed up for their card but this wasn't suitable for me so I tried again. Eventually I was offered a straight 10% off, saving about 18. I suspect they were glad to get rid of me :-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,233Posts Today

13,383Users online

Martin's Twitter