Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    woj101
    What dimensions should my background image be for a web page?
    • 30th Oct 08, 12:56 PM
    What dimensions should my background image be for a web page? 30th Oct 08 at 12:56 PM
    I'm trying to design a background image for a website, using Photoshop to design the image and then Dreamweaver CS3 to design the web page that has that background.

Despite trying to match up the image dimensions in Photoshop with the page dimensions in Dreamweaver, whenever I upload the page to Dreamweaver (and subsequently the html file) the image does not fit the page as I would like i.e. it doesn't 'stretch' the image to fit - instead it is either too big or tiled.

Can anyone help me with this - is there a standard dimension I should be using?

I'm using Win XP with a 1280 x 1024 screen resolution for what it's worth.

Thanks very much.
    I am a cider drinker - like my father before me.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

551Posts Today

4,022Users online

Martin's Twitter