Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    helkin
    Are Premium Bonds a scam?
    • 28th Oct 08, 3:49 PM
    Are Premium Bonds a scam? 28th Oct 08 at 3:49 PM
    Hi all - I was just wondering what your thoughts are on Permium Bonds.

In the late 80's, there were a number of articles in the press speculating that Premium Bonds were being used to pay the wages of special agents and spies.

Me, my family and a number of other people I have spoken to have quite a few savings in Premium Bonds yet none of us have ever won large sums of money.

I find it strange that, supposedly, they give out two 1 million jackpots every month, that's 24 new millionaires every year, yet noone has every heard stories about these people. A lot of people you speak to knows someone who knows someone who won the lottery but never anyone who won big with Premium Bonds. Also, there are regularly stories in magazines such as Take a Break where someone has won the lottery and then bad things have happened to them, but this is never the case for Premium Bond winners.

Has anyone ever met anyone or heard of anyone who has won a lot on Premium Bonds? Has anyone else heard these stories of Premium Bonds being used as a platform to pay of government agents?

I'd be interested to see what people's comments are on this.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,008Posts Today

7,666Users online

Martin's Twitter