Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    justontime
    Damp Ceiling/Wall in Bedroom
    • 22nd Oct 08, 4:57 PM
    Damp Ceiling/Wall in Bedroom 22nd Oct 08 at 4:57 PM
    We live in a 1950's semi detached house and have not had a damp problem until recently. I noticed a a damp mark on the ceiling and top of the wall in the corner of my bedroom. It is the front wall close to where my house adjoins my neighbour's house, it is not close to a window. I had some books on shelves on that wall, I have removed everything and allowed the wall to dry out, there is now nothing obstructing the air flow in that area, but it is clear there is still damp coming from somewhere to the top of the wall/ceiling edge. There is nothing in the loft that could be causing it, so I assume it must be the roof. We had the roof checked and repaired about a year ago. Today I thought I could hear a bird walking directly above my ceiling, so clearly it must have got in somehow. Where do I start, should I get the roofer back or do I need someone to check the brickwork first? I would welcome any advice as I am on a tight budget and I really need to get this sorted quickly before it causes any more damage.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

961Posts Today

6,124Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Quite a few mentioning they're worried about letters from a firm called Concentrix about tax credits, info here http://t.co/azRGvdqaAn

• Even if you're not corrupt yet find uve presided over a systemically corrupt organisation, the honourable thing to do is resign Mr Blatter?

• On way to @GMB for my 7:40 deals of the week, talking tax credit renewal, Dominos trick, shopping codes and free benefit make up.

• Follow Martin