Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Praise, Vent & Warnings > tangle teezer from moderngent.com (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
tangle teezer from moderngent.com
Closed Thread
Views: 3,002
# 1
filey1
Old 30-09-2008, 12:48 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default tangle teezer from moderngent.com

For years I have been plagued with tangles in my hair (my family call me bush head, bushy etc) my friend said I should buy a Tangle Teezer. I shopped around and found that http://www.moderngent.com/ sell the TT but also ship it for free !! I ordered one online and it arrived really quickly (it even had a free lollypop in the package ) It is the first time in years that brushing my hair hasn't been painful I don't know how it works, but it does.
The Following User Says Thank You to filey1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
lauzjp
Old 02-10-2008, 1:28 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

hmm, I have read about this product before, and thought 'yeah right'. I may yet give it a go! I have naturally curly hair, but it has got terrible split ends, especially from dragging a brush through it!
# 3
hollydays
Old 02-10-2008, 1:33 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

scary though under "What customers say"
it said "I received my little Satan very quickly "
# 4
glitterkitty
Old 04-10-2008, 1:45 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

this was shown on dragons den ages ago and none of the dragons wanted to invest!! ha ha!!
the only debt left now is on credit cards! The evil loan has gone!!
# 5
filey1
Old 04-10-2008, 8:18 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi glitterkitty, someone else told me that it had been on Dragons Den too. I only watched that show once as it makes me cringe watching peoples dreams being shattered. I am pleased however that whoever invented it went on to make it available,(it is also manufactured here in the UK ) it has made my hair brushing routine a lot nicer experiance .
# 6
adandem
Old 05-10-2008, 4:44 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

filey1 - you aren't in anyway linked with the company who makes them are you?

Last edited by adandem; 05-10-2008 at 4:44 PM. Reason: sp
# 7
idlebloke
Old 18-10-2008, 5:46 PM
MoneySaving Convert

If this was my product and I truly beleived in it, I would offer a money back guarantee. I emailed them and asked them this and this was the response.

"if you look at our site www.tangleteezer.com and click on the science bit you can read about how andwhy it works.
If you follow Shaun's top tips very carefully on both wet and dry hair then it will work.
We have sold over 100,000 and had no complaints but as I say, follow the tips and on hair that length use conditioner when the hair is wet.

We will not be able to offer a refund I'm afraid."

So, more of the same words that I have already read 'all over the place'. And now I know why. Bit the bullet and wasted the tenner and guess what......IT DOESN'T WORK!!

I will offer the opportuniy for them to change this stance (which seems fair to me) and if they don't I will be making sure that I post this info on as many sites that I can find.

Will advise....
What goes around - comes around
give lots and you will always recieve lots
# 8
liz_uk
Old 21-10-2008, 7:54 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I bought one of these and think its fantastic !!

My daughter has very long thick hair and when she comes out from her swimming lessons, we have tears when drying her hair as it hurts !!

Bit with this, she didn`t even know I was brushing her hair !

Brilliant !!
Debt Free Jan 2010!
(Be happy) the state of your life is nothing more than the state of your mind! X
# 9
annie_d
Old 21-10-2008, 8:08 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Oh yes...it's fantastic. I love it and have bought many for other people. They are the best
# 10
Bayblue
Old 22-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Denman have a very similar brush, it's called the Be Bop and has been around for years. It's not quite as fancy, and it's smaller but it is only about a quarter of the price.

Last edited by Bayblue; 23-10-2008 at 12:01 AM.
# 11
glitterkitty
Old 23-10-2008, 6:57 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by filey1 View Post
Hi glitterkitty, someone else told me that it had been on Dragons Den too. I only watched that show once as it makes me cringe watching peoples dreams being shattered. I am pleased however that whoever invented it went on to make it available,(it is also manufactured here in the UK ) it has made my hair brushing routine a lot nicer experiance .
the design was took from a brush used to brush horse's hair. Deborah Meaden didnt want to invest as she said she has loads of these at home for her horses and she didnt want to brush her hair with a horses brush!
# 12
mrs_mix
Old 23-10-2008, 7:52 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I saw it on Dragons Den too so after much thought and tears from my dd with long knotty hair I took the plunge and I have to say both myself and dd are pleased with the results ,when I ordered it there was a long wait due to a massive amount of orders but because of this they gave a substantial amout of money to Great Ormond Street Hospital in stead of giving everyone a discount for the wait which I thought was a good idea.
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
I'm also a hussy
# 13
glitterkitty
Old 24-10-2008, 8:09 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollydays View Post
scary though under "What customers say"
it said "I received my little Satan very quickly "
the little satan is a steel ashtray they sell on that site. they must have got that in the wrong place!

http://www.moderngent.com/dulton/luc...n_ashtrays.php
The Following User Says Thank You to glitterkitty For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
idlebloke
Old 26-10-2008, 5:47 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Forget about what Deborah Meaden says (can't we all read between the lines?? +she is not as self made as she claims anyway!!)

Anyway, further to my previous post. I did mail the respondant back and the response I received was very encouraging from a Customer Service point of view. The lady gave me her home phone number which I called and had a half hour + long conversation. She was very open and down to earth and explained things to us in a way that made us to have a re-think. Based on this conversation we have tried again and are very pleased with the results.

This truly is a revolutionary product which I personally think may need using differently dependant on your hair type (my girls have waist length straight thick hair). I have passed back my own feedback to 'Tangle Teezer' as to how I think they should make their own web pages and tips 'idiot proof', to cover off us all.
What goes around - comes around
give lots and you will always recieve lots
# 15
filey1
Old 10-11-2008, 12:57 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adandem View Post
filey1 - you aren't in anyway linked with the company who makes them are you?
No I am not linked to this company. I have had really thick curly hair that gets loads of knots in it all of my life and this is the first brush that has gone through my hair without getting stuck or causing me any pain. I just thought that people would like to know that if they too want pain free and tangle free hair without having to pay extra on postage costs then they should go to www.moderngent.com that's the whole point of this site isn't it? to let people know how to save a few quid, not to be accused of being something i'm not.
Closed Thread