Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    jasmin10
    Cavity Wall Insulation
    • 23rd Sep 08, 6:30 PM
    Cavity Wall Insulation 23rd Sep 08 at 6:30 PM
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place - so feel free to move it.

I would like some advice on Cavity Wall Insulation. I have researched on various websites, including this one, to see what the overall review is on having this done.

I live in a 1980's house and to be honest after reading some of the reviews on it feel a bit apprensive about having it done. A lot of people seem to experience problems after having it done with regards damp etc. I know you get guarenteed work but then you would have a fight on your hands trying to prove it. I don't want hassle, just a god job.

I was going to go through E'on who I know contract it out and say they have it at a special rate at present. I happen to phone the company that they would contract it out to and they quoted me the same price, so obviously there is no 'special rate' anyway - not that I'm bothered although it would be good to have a bit of a discount.

So verdicts please, do the risks outway the pro's. and is it worth it.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

232Posts Today

1,441Users online

Martin's Twitter