Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • oliveoyl
    • By oliveoyl 22nd Sep 08, 1:06 PM
    • 2,305Posts
    • 74,819Thanks
    oliveoyl
    Hydrogen Peroxide - Where to buy?
    • 22nd Sep 08, 1:06 PM
    Hydrogen Peroxide - Where to buy? 22nd Sep 08 at 1:06 PM
    I'm looking to buy some 3% hydrogen peroxide to remove a blood stain dried on leather... I went to the chemist to be told they don't sell it (it's a bomb making ingredient apparently so I'm guessing that's why)... I only want about half a thimble full - anybody any ideas where else sells it?
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
Page 1
  • Greatgimp
    • 22nd Sep 08, 1:09 PM
    • 22nd Sep 08, 1:09 PM
    Is this any good to you?

http://www.postoptics.co.uk/solutions.aspx?subname=Hydrogen%20Peroxide&guid=27 3089d8-903e-4bc8-9733-e1ff92e53b74&catalogue=Online
    • oliveoyl
    • By oliveoyl 22nd Sep 08, 1:18 PM
    • 2,305 Posts
    • 74,819 Thanks
    oliveoyl
    • 22nd Sep 08, 1:18 PM
    • 22nd Sep 08, 1:18 PM
    So that's all contact lens cleaner is - brill, thanks. I should be able to get a small bottle from the chemist that doesn't sell hydrogen peroxide lol.
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
    • KAAT_LADY
    • By KAAT_LADY 22nd Sep 08, 1:19 PM
    • 4,287 Posts
    • 28,543 Thanks
    KAAT_LADY
    • 22nd Sep 08, 1:19 PM
    • 22nd Sep 08, 1:19 PM
    Its bomb making equipment for terrorists

I have a whole big bottle
    from when I used to bleach my hair ,,will i get done lol
    I got it from a hairdressers warehouse

hope this helps

Kaat
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• mudgekin
    • By mudgekin 22nd Sep 08, 1:24 PM
    • 487 Posts
    • 2,842 Thanks
    mudgekin
    • 22nd Sep 08, 1:24 PM
    • 22nd Sep 08, 1:24 PM
    I has a really painful mouth recently and was using hydrogen peroxide diluted as a mouthwash. I bought mine from my local independant chemist who had no qualms at all about selling it to me, perhaps because they have known me since I was a youngster.:confused:
    • oliveoyl
    • By oliveoyl 22nd Sep 08, 1:35 PM
    • 2,305 Posts
    • 74,819 Thanks
    oliveoyl
    • 22nd Sep 08, 1:35 PM
    • 22nd Sep 08, 1:35 PM
    It was a Boots I asked in. I know it's used in hair bleaching kits... and they use 30% or so... way stronger than I want to buy.
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

• bitemebankers
    • 2nd Mar 10, 2:56 PM
    • 2nd Mar 10, 2:56 PM
    Stupid chemists. All this "war on terror" paranoia has gone way to far. Peroxide is useful for all sorts of things and is ideal when you need the cleaning/sanitizing effect of chlorine bleach but without the bleach smell.
    • Apollonia
    • By Apollonia 2nd Mar 10, 10:38 PM
    • 359 Posts
    • 886 Thanks
    Apollonia
    • 2nd Mar 10, 10:38 PM
    • 2nd Mar 10, 10:38 PM
    I bought a bottle recently from a Tesco pharmacy - it is a 3% solution suitable for use as a mild skin disinfectant, mouthwash or gargle.
  • elf06
    • 3rd Mar 10, 8:19 AM
    • 3rd Mar 10, 8:19 AM
    I buy mine in Boots but havent bought any for a while. Last time i bought some they did ask me what it was for though ........
    Emma
  • valk_scot
    You could go in with the bloodstained item and ask if they would sell you enough to treat it in front of them. On the other hand...blood stained leather might freak them out even more, eh?
    Val.
    • angeltreats
    • By angeltreats 3rd Mar 10, 11:40 AM
    • 2,283 Posts
    • 6,687 Thanks
    angeltreats
    You could always ask your hairdresser for a wee bit.
  • Neil D
    Buy it at Boots
    I just bought a 200ml bottle of 6% Hydrogen Peroxide from the pharmacy counter at my local Boots store in Weston-super-Mare. The lady who served said she would check the "highly flammable" cabinet in the store room and returned a few minutes later with the bottle.

There was no quizzing or raising of eyebrows and best of all it only cost 99p which is a lot cheaper than the red wine stain removers sold in the local supermarkets.
    • Judi
    • By Judi 31st Dec 11, 11:59 AM
    • 13,180 Posts
    • 52,050 Thanks
    Judi
    ive seen it in Boots and i shall be buying some pretty soon if my hair doesnt fade
    • Auzelia
    • By Auzelia 31st Dec 11, 2:04 PM
    • 796 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    Auzelia
    according to my hairdresser its the 18% that has been banned or is hard to get a hold of as that is what was used in the London bombings.

• Mrs P Pincher
    • By Mrs P Pincher 31st Dec 11, 2:55 PM
    • 519 Posts
    • 768 Thanks
    Mrs P Pincher
    I get mine in Superdrug. I use it for all sorts of things (but not the bomb making).

Mrs P P
    "Keep your dreams as clean as silver..." John Stewart (1939-2008)
    • Penelope Penguin
    • By Penelope Penguin 31st Dec 11, 4:18 PM
    • 17,035 Posts
    • 132,634 Thanks
    Penelope Penguin
    Sorry, I've had to remove a post as it gives medical advice.

Hi, Martinís asked me to post this: Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as itís not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    Living the dream
  • crazykid
    sorry if its late
    do you guys know if this would remove a captain morgan's dark rum stains from a white river island t-shirt and/or a grey superdry hoodie?

Thanks for any help haha. Just confused.
    Also I hear hydrogen peroxide whitens teeth, how would one go about doing that?
  • Pennywise2012
    Also I hear hydrogen peroxide whitens teeth, how would one go about doing that?
    Originally posted by crazykid
    At the dentist! ONLY EVER at the dentist.
    "Most of the people ... were unhappy... Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy." -- Douglas Adams
    • Take it like a man, sonny
    • By Take it like a man, sonny 17th Oct 12, 8:40 AM
    • 903 Posts
    • 5,011 Thanks
    Take it like a man, sonny
    Oh my gawd, a bottle blonde!!

Sorry had to do that without reading!!!
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers!
    • culpepper
    • By culpepper 17th Oct 12, 9:22 AM
    • 3,625 Posts
    • 5,485 Thanks
    culpepper
    I got some on Amazon uk recently. If it is 6% and you want 3%,just dilute it half water to half chemical and it is 3%.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

198Posts Today

1,456Users online

Martin's Twitter