[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] Marketing Company - YOU WILL NOT BE A MANAGER ONE DAY!!!

Options
jonboy69
jonboy69 Posts: 31 Forumite
Business Advertising Ltd AKA JPK advertising AKA KPJ enterprises.

This company has now changed its name to JMS marketing, Cotton exchange, Bixteth street, Liverpool. L3 9LQ.

[TEXT DELETED BY ABUSE TEAM PENDING INVESTIGATION]??

I've found some stuff about it on ; http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...html?t=1107789

P.S There are lots of these companies around and they are slowly being weeded out by public awareness. There is a good blog about a similar company: http://coulsoncorporationscam.wordpress.com/2009/01/23/coulson-corporation-scam-the-cult-leader/

Please share your experience whether you have only been for an interview or you worked there for years. The more people know about these companies the sooner they will go out of business !!!

Kevin O'neill.

Business advertising Ltd
Cotton Exchange building
Bixteth Street
Liverpool
L3 9LQ

Comments

• tinkerbell85
    Options
    after my experience with JPK or KPJ whatever they call it these days, i can only say that, yeah, there is an oppurtunity to get promoted into a manager/owner, but the chances of that happening are very slim. It is no different to working for a high street bank or a supermarket. There is an opportunity to progress through the company and become a manager but the amount of staff a company needs is alot higher than the amount of managers that they need.
    The problem i have is that people end up working for this company, under the illusion that they will be a manager, putting his/her feet up and watching the money roll in. When in actual fact, in the extremely rare circumstances that you get promoted to a manager, you certainly wont be putting your feet up! And you will still be buying your suits from primark!
    If you asked everyone who works "in the business", they are convinced that they are going to be a superstar and earn more money than all their friends put together. But if this is the case, why arent managers of TESCO and NEXT and places like that, quitting their 50K jobs, and going to work for a farce like JPK advertising??
    Answer; because they arent young and impressionable, and would laugh at you if you tried to sell them the business. They probably dont have to lie to their staff every morning about how much they earn either!

JPK and KPJ are on every recruitment site going and it looks like the best job in the world. You will go through the three stage interview process. They will Fear of Loss you! make you think you want the job, need the job. convince you that door 2 door sales is fantastic, you will only be doing it for a few months, then they will close you and make you fight for the job.
    When you are offered the job, someone will wlk you out of the building and tactfully tell you not to tell your friends and family that its door2door sales and that its commission only and you work 12-14 hours a day, they will give you the answers to tell your family to in their support.
    You go for one job, and they manipulate you into wanting another job that is nothing like the advert you saw on the web.
  • jonboy69
    edited 6 October 2010 at 5:26PM
    Options
    yes you are right , jpk advertising is listed on companieshouse.gov, however it is registered to an address in London, the job adverts claim that the company is in Water street in Liverpool and also Bixteth street, the latter being the actual venue of the company.
    This for may raises alarm bells that the company is not as legit as it may seem.
    Also on JPK.com in the portfolio section, it claims that SKY is its major client, when in fact sky no longer deal with JPK/KPJ when I worked there it was talktalk and some other guys were working for RSPCA or something?
    Why arent these "clients" listed in the portfolio? More to the point, why are they claiming that sky is there client when it is not?
    I wonder what SKY would say about the matter?
    It all just looks a bit muddled up to me, I dont think Kevin Oneil even knows what on earth is going on, let alone the poor people who work for him!

Kevin O'neill.

Business advertising Ltd
    Cotton Exchange building
    Bixteth Street
    Liverpool
    L3 9LQ

Kevin O'neill
  • BYALPHAINDIA
    Options
    He sounds a right 'Del' boy character.

I thought these types died off in the 90's?

I remember an ex girlfriend of mine going for an interview at a company in Leeds, The first question they asked was 'WOULD YOU FEEL INTIMIDATED IF WE ASKED YOU TO TAKE YOUR TOP OFF!!

Other people also said that they were asked the same 'pointless' question!!

It was part of their 'sales' grooming.

It was one of those 'seedy' backstreet gone tomorrow sales companies.
    Thomson 757 Man
  • wildt
    wildt Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    I'm liking all the new usernames..Kevin O'Meal:rotfl:

I think Chris was the trainee manager I met on my 2nd interview day. Total sleezebag.
  • jonboy69
    edited 6 October 2010 at 5:26PM
    Options
    Company name: KPJ enterprises or p & D marketing or JPK Advertising we'l have a new name soon.

Job Title: Door to door sales person / canvasser.

REF: cr4pj0b1

Wage: No basic wage offered, commission only.

Hours: 75. Mon-Sat

Qualifications: Brief knowledge of the English language.

Job description: Field based, you will be expected to sell TalkTalk home telephone services door to door, between 12pm and 8pm. Between 9am and 12, and also 8pm to 10pm you will be exected to take notes on how to be a better salesman. Also you are expected to try and get promoted to management by hiring a team of salespeople to do your job.
    You will be working all over the North West. You are required to pay for your own transport costs, train and bus fares aswel as food costs etc yourself.

The ideal candidate: Young, impressionable, gullable. Own transport ideal as you can drive everyone else around too! You should have some savings or large overdraft facility to pay for your transport costs etc the weeks you make no money. Good liar. No financial commitments such as mortgages to pay. No family. No hobbies or interests!

I think that Mr Oneil should place this truthful advert on websites and see what happens?? :money:

Kevin O'neill.

Business advertising Ltd
    Cotton Exchange building
    Bixteth Street
    Liverpool
    L3 9LQ
  • Ellmore_2
    Options
    Hmm, all this talk of JPK advertising has got me worried, i applied a few days ago and got a call today to come in for an interview tomorrow.

I stumbled upon this thread while researching the company...I don't think i want to be a door to door sales man.

Also, i read in someone else's post that they mentioned P & D advertising. Are they one and the same company, JPK P&D?

Thanks for your insight.
  • Ellmore_2
    Options
    Oh, and does any one know anything about Platinum Force Promotions Ltd? as they seem to have the same layout and style in their job advert on Reed.co.uk

Thanks
  • wildt
    wildt Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    That's what the job is Ellmore :( Nothing more and nothing less.. If you are invited back for a second interview you will go out doing door to door sales. I reckon you should go for the first interview tomorrow - just for a laugh!!

There are a couple of threads on here about them..do a search and you will find lots of peoples comments about them. KPJ/JPK/P&D Marketing are one and the same..if you go there tomorrow there is a sign saying KPJ Advertising and P&D Marketing.

Haven't heard about the platinum force one, but probably them with another name.
  • Mr_Falling_Star
    Options
    So they are not unionised then?
    The World come on.....
  • Ellmore_2
    Options
    hmm. i might go in the morning. My interview is at 9:30am, It'll all depend on if i decide i want to get out of bed early just for a laugh.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure