Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    JDMYOFAN
    Please help! Peugeot 307 HDi 'Anti Pollution Fault'
    • 9th Sep 08, 5:27 PM
    Please help! Peugeot 307 HDi 'Anti Pollution Fault' 9th Sep 08 at 5:27 PM
    Well I've done some research on the net and I'm really worried.

I'm currently using the missus' car as my other French car is being repaired. She drives a 2004 2.0 Peugeot 307 HDi (90hp version)

The car is used 95% on the motorway and always filled up to the brim and run down until the light comes on. Also due a service in the next 2000 miles.

On the way to work today, the engine went lumpy and the car juddered. I pulled over and the engine management light came on, also an error then appeared as 'Anti Pollution Fault'.

So called out RAC who wired it up to the laptop 'no error found'. Great. He drove it to the nearest garage with a good computer, which also returned 'no fault found'.

Now having looked on the net, this is due to the filter which injects some solvent in with the exhaust fumes to clean the air. This needs changing at 50k supposedly, and this car has just hit 60k.

So a new filter from peugeot is around £600 (+vat and labour). plus 5 litres of the fluid (£30 a litre) and supposedly only peugeot can help.

We're up to our head with it now, both cars being garaged, this one for what seems like the MOST ridiculous of reason. The reason the car's running lumpy is because it is in LIMP mode, so there's not actually any damage.

Trying to think of the best way out of this which won't cause us to be paying of credit cards for the next 10 years.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,464Posts Today

6,423Users online

Martin's Twitter