Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    fallen121
    Antony Worrall Thompson Gravy Pastes
    • 23rd Aug 08, 7:34 AM
    Antony Worrall Thompson Gravy Pastes 23rd Aug 08 at 7:34 AM
    I hope I have posted this in the right forum, but it occurred to me that anyone who makes their own food (as a lot of people do on here) are going to use the occasional 'cheat' ingredient, and Antony Worrall Thompson Gravy Pastes fall firmly into this category. Or did.

Stick the title into Google, and you'll see several forums come up where people such as myself, who have come to LOVE these pastes to use as a base for a quick and easy lump free gravy, have been astounded by the fact that this product, which was stocked only by Tescos, has suddenly begun to disappear from shelves in Tescos up and down the country during August. Often with no explanation. My local Tesco claims 'lack of demand', but I happen to know that it was heavily in demand because it was gluten free.

There is nothing on the AWT website to indicate the product is no longer made, and text messages I have sent to the distributors, Jardox, have been ignored.

I simply cannot find a viable alternative to these pastes and I'm afraid that bisto gravy granules just don't cut it. Quite apart from all the nasty ingredients, the format doesn't really fit with gravy which needs to be made on a stovetop for optimum results, not just have hot water poured all over it.

This product struck the balance for me between busy Mum wanting to give her kids something with no 'E' nasties in it, and traditional food. Plus I could add my own stock and other ingredients.

Anyone else use this product? Who can I write to to find out more?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,708Posts Today

6,069Users online

Martin's Twitter