Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    binderhamlyn
    Cost of replacing toilet cistern inner workings - how much should I pay?
    • 19th Aug 08, 9:36 PM
    Cost of replacing toilet cistern inner workings - how much should I pay? 19th Aug 08 at 9:36 PM
    Our new toilet cistern inner workings from Bathstore.com were faulty. They provided replacements and asked us to get a plumber to do the work, pay for it and send the bill to them for reimbursement. The plumber charged us 95, which we duly paid. Bathstore.com then refused to re-imburse us saying it should have cost no more than 30. I can't believe anyone would travel to do any household related job for 30 including 17.5% VAT. Can readers give me an idea of how much it costs for a plumber to visit, drain the toilet, and replace the inner workings in total ie. not just the ballcock but everything. We live in the country about 15 miles from the nearest town if that is relevant.

Thanks Binder
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,666Posts Today

8,055Users online

Martin's Twitter