Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Tran
    Milk Tokens (Information)
    • 19th Nov 04, 2:20 PM
    Milk Tokens (Information) 19th Nov 04 at 2:20 PM
    The Department of Health has taken over sending milk tokens out from the DWP from 1st November 2004.

I found this out today as i hadn't had any milk tokens since 1st November and I know quite a number of my friends haven't had any for a few weeks too. The number to ring if you have any problems with receiving your milk tokens is 0845 8501032. The number appears to be constantly engaged and when you do get through it rings and rings and rings until someone bothers to answer it.

On enquiring how the system works now i was told that you get milk tokens 4-weekly sent out by first class post. The first lot were sent 1st november, next lot will be sent out 28th Novemeber and then 26th December etc etc on a 4-weekly cycle. If you become eligible for milk tokens (by becoming pregnant or by starting to get Income Support) They told me you need to get a form issued by a GP/midwife/health visitor and get them to sign it to confirm you are pregnant/have children under 5 years of age. The form then has to be sent (freepost) to the distribution centre in Chelmsford.

Hope this info helps someone.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

19Posts Today

4,369Users online

Martin's Twitter