Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - please post your finds here!
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - please post your finds here! 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    £1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP £12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (£4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Jenny; 04-05-2010 at 9:20 PM.
Page 331
    • lily117
    • By lily117 8th Sep 16, 5:19 PM
    • 474 Posts
    • 539 Thanks
    lily117
    That's for Poundworld - this thread is PoundLAND
    Originally posted by catswiththumbs
    It's for Poundshop.com
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 8th Sep 16, 7:56 PM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 2,613 Thanks
    LouLou
    I've been buying from Poundshop.com for a long time now - it was originally competing with the HereForADay site owners' HereForAPound. Poundworld were involved in the beginning with Poundshop.com but sold out to Poundland owners - who joined forces with their rival a year or two ago*.

HereForAPound was always the better site of the two at the time, I thought. Poundshop.com is great - but I've had no end of trouble with them with my last few orders. Items consistently missing, I've lost count the amount of times I've complained. The parcel before last went AWOL. Got a new order last week and the parcel was left at my door, wide open (!), and again, with pieces missing.

Also the Yankee Candles on offer at Poundshop.com are Simply Home, some say they're not as strong and don't have as much oil in them as regular Yankee. If you want true value for money, the Simply Home tarts are just as good as their bigger brother (sold, funnily enough, 2 for £1 at Poundworld in store at the moment).

Sorry for going slightly off-topic but it isn't really the right thread for this e-tailer anyway - I understand if it gets deleted/moved by a Mod.

*I think I'm remembering that correctly - it was discussed on the Poundshop Wars BBC programme.

Edit: Also, "Simply Home" has now been rebranded "Home Inspiration". http://www.waxaddicts.co.uk/newsblog/4584012731/Bye-Bye-Yankee-Candle-Simply-Home..../10836569
    Last edited by LouLou; 23-09-2016 at 10:44 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 9th Sep 16, 6:42 PM
    • 19,766 Posts
    • 38,740 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I popped into a new (to me) Poundshop earlier, and found some self-adhesive magnetic tape in the craft section. I'm going to give it to my Dad as he always moans when his fridge door isn't closed properly, this could be a quick fix.

Also bought a couple of Jane Asher pizza trays, as a couple of OS threads have inspired me to try making dinner every night and this can be easily done.

Eta: I notice the store is starting to introduce some Christmas decorations already
    Last edited by VfM4meplse; 09-09-2016 at 6:46 PM.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 17th Sep 16, 9:27 PM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 2,613 Thanks
    LouLou
    Two things from Argyle Street, Glasgow not long ago - Seven Seas Men 50+ Complete Multivitamins With Energy release Complex x 28 tablets (Best Before 3/2017) and Burt's Bees Calla Lily Tinted Lip Balm - swatches here http://enlightenedmatriarch.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/new-burts-bees-lip-tints.html

This store has more of the Always Infinity towels if anyone's looking for them (I know they get mixed reviews). These have slightly different packaging and are Normal Plus "Maxi Format" x 14.
    Last edited by LouLou; 18-09-2016 at 1:07 AM.
    • Sophy
    • By Sophy 21st Sep 16, 11:56 AM
    • 469 Posts
    • 2,812 Thanks
    Sophy
    Does anyone know if the Poundland green fence paint is any good/just about adequate? I've got a fence I'm planning on replacing next spring, and don't feel like stretching to £12 for some Ronseal
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 21st Sep 16, 9:46 PM
    • 19,766 Posts
    • 38,740 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Thanks for the heads up, LouLou! I bought one yesterday - Calla Lilly was the only shade available but suits me well. It's a nice product but even so I think £1 is a little extravagant for what it actually is. Having said that there is no way I would buy it for £5.99 as I've seen online!

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 22nd Sep 16, 4:08 PM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 2,613 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow Poundland - Wonder Woman Bath Duo Set - Shower Gel 100ml and Shampoo/Conditioner 100ml (travel sizes really!). Fing'rs Prints Simply Chic (24 nails in 12 size, 2 charms with 6 adhesive tabs). Picture a bit cropped - sorry!

Argyle Street, Glasgow - Lots of Emoji sticker packs, stationery sets. Got an Emoji 10 colour pen and 12 x Emoji mini erasers. Also, Disney Princess 6 x 24 stickers.

Union Street, Glasgow - Colorsport Rapid Lash-Gro Eyeliner, Black 3.5ml (last one, the packet was open, but still intact - maybe someone tried to nick it!!). Revlon Natural Honey Argan Oil Body Lotion 330ml and Revlon Natural Honey Hydrating Body Lotion 400ml.

Saw lots of Xmas-y stuff in Union Street - they're online too -

Star Wars Baubles 9 Pack (Darth/Stormtrooper) http://www.poundland.co.uk/star-wars-baubles-9-pack

Star Wars Chewbacca Stocking http://www.poundland.co.uk/star-wars-chewbacca-stocking

Star Wars R2-D2 Christmas Hat http://www.poundland.co.uk/star-wars-r2d2-christmas-hat

Star Wars Baubles 2 pack http://www.poundland.co.uk/star-wars-baubles-2-pack

Star Wars Ceramic Hanging Decoration "Merry Force Be With You" http://www.poundland.co.uk/star-wars-ceramic-hanging-decoration

Avengers baubles, Frozen Xmas sacks, stockings, etc, as well. Online too, it seems. http://www.poundland.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=frozen+xmas

Avengers Baubles 2 pack http://www.poundland.co.uk/marvel-avengers-baubles-2-pack

Took a quick snap in store to show my Star Wars-nut brother, though imgur is not playing nice!
    Last edited by LouLou; 23-09-2016 at 3:13 AM.
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 22nd Sep 16, 4:20 PM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 3,136 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    Is it just me, but why are people (or at least one poster) posting stuff they bought in Poundland?
    • greyfox
    • By greyfox 22nd Sep 16, 4:28 PM
    • 374 Posts
    • 2,272 Thanks
    greyfox
    Is it just me, but why are people (or at least one poster) posting stuff they bought in Poundland?
    Originally posted by Feral Moon
    Do you think it could be because this is a Poundland thread?!
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 22nd Sep 16, 8:50 PM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 3,136 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    Do you think it could be because this is a Poundland thread?!
    Originally posted by greyfox
    But everyone knows whatever you buy in Poundland costs £1
    • stephenliverpool1
    • By stephenliverpool1 22nd Sep 16, 9:12 PM
    • 893 Posts
    • 768 Thanks
    stephenliverpool1
    Really lol ?
    • skintmumof3
    • By skintmumof3 22nd Sep 16, 9:37 PM
    • 750 Posts
    • 2,378 Thanks
    skintmumof3
    I love to check out this thread for all the little bargains that are found....especially the branded items that can be treble the price in other stores..eg Garnier BB cream..selling for £6 in superdrug.....but for ahem...a quid here..lol
    Keep `em coming..................
    x
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 22nd Sep 16, 10:27 PM
    • 19,766 Posts
    • 38,740 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    It helps to know what is in stock, and then Grabbit, in the spirit of the board

• princesse_sarah_x
    • By princesse_sarah_x 23rd Sep 16, 12:59 AM
    • 185 Posts
    • 146 Thanks
    princesse_sarah_x
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love this thread simply for LouLou's photos of everything she finds
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 23rd Sep 16, 3:15 AM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 2,613 Thanks
    LouLou
    I'm a tough bird, so my feelings aren't hurt, but I am confused. What else would we discuss if we weren't able to share what we bought?

Either that or it's very subtle sarcasm
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 23rd Sep 16, 10:51 AM
    • 3,745 Posts
    • 7,574 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Stock differs in every store and it's a bit like a jumble sale- if you can get there fast enough, your store might have the good stuff. I consider this to be a tip offs thread. It's the same for all of these off-price retailers, like T.K. Maxx, Home Bargains etc. I love these threads!
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £29,435.05
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £1411.50
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 23rd Sep 16, 2:34 PM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 2,613 Thanks
    LouLou
    Got this A4 Multi-purpose paper (150 sheets) yesterday from Argyle Street, Glasgow (for my niece to play with). Can't see the weight of the paper on the packaging at all. Good if you want a smaller quantity? Listing here http://www.discount-wholesale.co.uk/buy/nu-a4-multi-purpose-paper-150-sheets_511018.htm

Cheapest multi-purpose paper out there is probably Tesco Everyday Value 75gsm Multi-Purpose paper (500 sheets) at £2.50 http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=253580351
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 23rd Sep 16, 4:35 PM
    • 2,161 Posts
    • 1,874 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    For those in the Darlington area a Poundland is 'Opening Soon' on the new North Road Retail Park according to the signs which were being put on the shop windows this morning.
    • rockyrose
    • By rockyrose 23rd Sep 16, 4:46 PM
    • 1,417 Posts
    • 14,450 Thanks
    rockyrose
    It is just you
    NI FEIDIR ACH LE DIA BREITHIUNAS A DHEANAMH ORM
    • mabelcable
    • By mabelcable 23rd Sep 16, 8:40 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    mabelcable
    I find the photos from LouLou really helpful especially the beauty items.
    My local Poundland has a large beauty display with loads of products in small silver bags so its good to have an idea what to look out for. I managed to get a couple of the Burts Bees lip cream today right at the back.
    I had a look at the Christmas catalogue online(sad- I know) . Lots of great stuff . I have bought the matching xmas paper and bags for the last few years and have been delighted with them.
    Keep on posting LouLou
    Mx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

1,422Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • If you know you're bust you must declare it asap. So no firm ever says "yes we plan to go insolvent". So you never? https://t.co/w8aIKOqHzq

• Some people misreading... it's NOT the rumours of insolvency of the Monarchy! Its Monarch airlines (again tho I've no idea of its validity)

• Also re #monarchinsolvency rumours it's important to state Monarch are firmly denying it... https://t.co/N27MENRjY9

• Follow Martin