Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    givememoney
    Induction hob - pressure cooker
    • 3rd Aug 08, 3:00 PM
    Induction hob - pressure cooker 3rd Aug 08 at 3:00 PM
    I am thinking of buying an induction hob.

I was dismayed to find that my Prestige pressure cooker does not have a magnetic base so I guess won't be any good on the new hob.

Does anyone know if there is a device out there that could be placed on the hob thereby making my pressure cooker usable.

I have looked at the Prestige website and they do one for induction but it looks a lot smaller than mine which I am quite happy with.l

There are others on the market but I have always been happy with Prestige.

ALSO

Can anyone recommend a site (free) that tests the different hobs?
Page 1
  • TomsMom
    • 3rd Aug 08, 3:16 PM
    • 3rd Aug 08, 3:16 PM
    I was looking at hobs the other day and got talking to a nice salesman who knew I wasn't spending my money that day (appliances are for new house when we move in a few weeks).

I told him I wanted gas (I'm used to it) and for ease of daily cleaning wanted one with a drop down lid when not in use. Of course, they don't make them on hobs any more (just full size stand alone cookers).

He showed me a few gas hobs and then asked if I had thought of an induction hob as they are as controllable as gas and are flat for ease of cleaning. He also gave me demonstration.

We discussed the pans required for induction hobs and the one he was selling included a set of pans. He said people were put off buying induction hobs because of the need for pans with magnetic bases which most ordinary pans do not have, therefore this manufacturer were giving a set of pans with their hob.

Now I've told you all that (possibly useless ) information, I think it means that there probably isn't anything that you can buy to allow you to use your present pressure cooker on an induction hob. Maybe a case of buy a new pressure cooker or don't buy an induction hob.

As far as a site that tests different hobs is concerned, if you google the make of hob + reviews then you should find something.
  • dunelm
    • 3rd Aug 08, 4:23 PM
    • 3rd Aug 08, 4:23 PM
    I Have a De Dietrich induction hob - same as the one my mum has in France - Brilliant - I think the French lead the field with induction hobs. Bought mine on the internet and got it for a lot cheaper than visiting a store.

My pressure cooker is by Tefal and works just fine - mum has an induction conversion disc which is made of magnetic steel (whatever that is) that she uses it to great sucess for things that don't work with induction rings.

Google induction conversion disc / induction interface disc etc - I'm sure you will find one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

314Posts Today

1,135Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • On train home from Birmingham. Had dinner by the canal there this evening. Lovely area, very sunny and picturesque.

• Fantastic run by new UK star Zharnell Hughes in @BritAthletics #BritishChamps 200m.I was v proud to present the medal http://t.co/sSSXpM1SBZ

• Ok a wee bit chuffed. Just been asked if I'd like to present a medal at #Britishchamps, someone is now missing a hand as I bit it off!

• Follow Martin