Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    peter999
    Chest Freezer -Power consumption & cost to run
    • 24th Jul 08, 9:40 AM
    Chest Freezer -Power consumption & cost to run 24th Jul 08 at 9:40 AM
    Anyone know power consumption & cost to run to expect for a large chest freezer (6ft x 2ft6" x 2ft6" approx).

I have a large 30+ year old upright chest freezer.
    (probably not as efficient as new ones, but it has lasted all these years considering new hi-tech appliances don't always last)

It seems to be running all the time, that is I can hear the compressor running all the time.

Ice builds up a little at top of freezer where the I think the seal is not perfect.

I have only just thought of this, but the electric cost/power consumption in the house is quite high, considering only 1 person there, they switch of lights & they are working a lot.

Have just realised that this freezer may be burning money !!

I have plug-in power meter, so will check power consumption soon.

But what general power consumption & cost to run (per month/year) would people expect for a large freezer running normally ??

peter999
    Last edited by peter999; 24-07-2008 at 9:51 AM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,599Posts Today

8,193Users online

Martin's Twitter