Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Energy > current Eon gas price per unit? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
current Eon gas price per unit?
Closed Thread
Views: 13,703
# 1
MontBelzoni
Old 14-07-2008, 7:56 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default current Eon gas price per unit?

can anyone please tell me from their latest bill what the current unit price is.

much appreciated
# 2
BexTech
Old 14-07-2008, 8:02 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I suppose it all depends on what Eon tariff you are on.
It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
(OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
# 3
MontBelzoni
Old 14-07-2008, 9:51 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexTech View Post
I suppose it all depends on what Eon tariff you are on.
it will be whatever the standard domestic customer tariff is.
# 4
BexTech
Old 14-07-2008, 10:28 PM

4.57p for the first 670 kWh per quarter, and 2.913p thereafter including 5% VAT.

Gas only: If monthly DD, then you receive a discount of 6% off total annual bill, if quarterly DD then 3% discount of total bill. If quarterly non-DD then if you pay promptly and pay the full amount owing then you receive a 3% discount.

Dual Fuel: If monthly DD, then you receive a discount of 9% off total annual bill, if quarterly DD then 3% discount of total bill. If quarterly non-DD then if you pay promptly and pay the full amount owing then you receive a 3% discount.
It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
The Following User Says Thank You to BexTech For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
jd87
Old 14-07-2008, 10:52 PM

Doesn't it depend on where you live in the country? The country is divided up into energy regions and some areas pay more than others, based on how much it costs to get the power to where you are and so on. I'm pretty sure this is true.
# 6
greenbee
Old 14-07-2008, 11:10 PM

jd87 is correct - electricity pricing depends on the region you are in, so the best thing to do is to look on their website (www.eonenergy.com) and you should be able to find details of all their tariffs (and make sure you're on the best one!)
The Following User Says Thank You to greenbee For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
monoxideuk
Old 15-07-2008, 11:56 AM
MoneySaving Convert

It does totally depend on the area you live in the tariff you going onto etc, Even if it is just the standard tariff it will depend on the area and also if your going on to E7 or just the standard

Hope this helps
# 8
BexTech
Old 15-07-2008, 1:04 PM

Yes, the electricity does depend on where you live in the UK, however the OP asked about gas and that is the same price throughout the UK.

It was just the gas prices they asked for, so that's all that I included in my post, as they didn't ask about the electricity I didn't post details of that, nor thought to mention that the electric varies across the country as they never asked about it.

Last edited by BexTech; 15-07-2008 at 1:07 PM.
# 9
Choc
Old 15-07-2008, 2:35 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
4.57p for the first 670 kWh per quarter, and 2.913p thereafter including 5% VAT.

Gas only: If monthly DD, then you receive a discount of 6% off total annual bill, if quarterly DD then 3% discount of total bill. If quarterly non-DD then if you pay promptly and pay the full amount owing then you receive a 3% discount.

Dual Fuel: If monthly DD, then you receive a discount of 9% off total annual bill, if quarterly DD then 3% discount of total bill. If quarterly non-DD then if you pay promptly and pay the full amount owing then you receive a 3% discount.
Thats expensive..
Hi, weve had to remove your signature. If youre not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if youre still unsure - MSE Forum Team
# 10
BexTech
Old 15-07-2008, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choc View Post
Thats expensive..
Yeah, but that's what happens with standard tariffs, not as cheap as online tariffs, saying that, eBico is much better no matter which way you pay.
# 11
1carminestocky
Old 15-07-2008, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but that's what happens with standard tariffs, not as cheap as online tariffs, saying that, eBico is much better no matter which way you pay.

I checked my usage costs with Ebico and Utility Warehouse came out cheaper. Not sure why people on here have such a downer on them (BTW, I'm not a distributor and I'm not with them as I utilise Quidco to get a decent annual saving on my energy! )
# 12
BexTech
Old 15-07-2008, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1carminestocky View Post
I checked my usage costs with Ebico and Utility Warehouse came out cheaper. Not sure why people on here have such a downer on them (BTW, I'm not a distributor and I'm not with them as I utilise Quidco to get a decent annual saving on my energy! )
You forgot to mention that however a few other suppliers came out cheaper than UW.

It depends on usage who comes out the cheapest, however no matter which usage UW don't come out the cheapest, either way there are others cheaper.
# 13
1carminestocky
Old 15-07-2008, 9:56 PM

Quote:
You forgot to mention that however a few other suppliers came out cheaper than UW.

It depends on usage who comes out the cheapest, however no matter which usage UW don't come out the cheapest, either way there are others cheaper.

Leccy 7,000, Gas 20,000 and I'm in the Yorkshire region. I mentioned Ebico because you claimed they were 'much better no matter which way you pay'. :confused: Patently not true unless you were just comparing them to the Eon standard rate.At any one time there could be any one of 6-10 different price plans/companies that are 'the cheapest'. Do you really think the vast majority of the public can be arsed to research such things on a monthly basis?
# 14
Choc
Old 15-07-2008, 9:58 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi didnt want to start a UW debate,,just stating that it was a high price.There are many companies offering better than that..As i tell anyone whom will listen do your own homework..and i agree with the post above most people cant be bothered all the time checking and switching its a pain in the a--s-...But i will say that this is where UW do benefit..
Hi, weve had to remove your signature. If youre not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if youre still unsure - MSE Forum Team

Last edited by Choc; 15-07-2008 at 10:01 PM.
# 15
BexTech
Old 15-07-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1carminestocky View Post
Leccy 7,000, Gas 20,000 and I'm in the Yorkshire region. I mentioned Ebico because you claimed they were 'much better no matter which way you pay'. :confused: Patently not true unless you were just comparing them to the Eon standard rate.At any one time there could be any one of 6-10 different price plans/companies that are 'the cheapest'. Do you really think the vast majority of the public can be arsed to research such things on a monthly basis?
Yes, I was just comparing to the EON standard price.

We check at least once a week, granted not everyone does, but I know many who do though.

We're on eBico for gas as they are the cheapest for us, however our electricity is elsewhere price fixed.
# 16
greenbee
Old 18-07-2008, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Yes, the electricity does depend on where you live in the UK, however the OP asked about gas and that is the same price throughout the UK.

It was just the gas prices they asked for, so that's all that I included in my post, as they didn't ask about the electricity I didn't post details of that, nor thought to mention that the electric varies across the country as they never asked about it.
Good thing someone's reading the posts properly!
The Following User Says Thank You to greenbee For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
1carminestocky
Old 18-07-2008, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbee View Post
Good thing someone's reading the posts properly!

Twenty five past 3.
Closed Thread