Replacement Boiler Options and Quote

Options
graduate
graduate Posts: 79 Forumite
edited 23 July 2016 at 1:45PM in Is this quote fair?
Hi

We need to replace our current boiler. We have had a quote for £1890 (including VAT) for the following:

Ideal Logic Plus Heat 18 Boiler
Ideal Flue
Fernox F1 Protector
Installation & Fittings
Seven year warranty

He also quoted an additional £350 for a Valiant boiler.

Background information:
We already have a Tado Thermostat so that won't need to be replaced. We have a 15mm gas supply so apparently we can't have a Worcester boiler. We live in a 3 bed detached house which has been extended into the garage. We currently have a thermostatic shower in a shower room in the extension downstairs. At some point we will be putting a shower in the main upstairs bathroom and may keep a shower room downstairs.

Is the quote reasonable? Is the Ideal a suitable/good boiler? Is the Valiant worth paying extra for?

Thanks
G

Comments

• southcoastrgi
    southcoastrgi Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    graduate wrote: »
    Is the quote reasonable? Is the Ideal a suitable/good boiler? Is the Valiant worth paying extra for?

Slightly expensive
    Yes/No
    No

To say you can have a 18kw Ideal but not a 18kw WB is BS, the WB instructions will say a min of 22mm pipe however this has been amended on a separate sheet so I'm guessing from your statement your installer doesn't know what he's talking about which is slightly worrying, whichever boiler you go for will require the gas rate to be calculated to see if the gas supply pipe needs to be upgraded or not.

No mention on the quote of any kind of flush then ?
    No mention of a filter ?
    F1 is inhibitor it's not a protector as such.

TBH I personally wouldn't fit anyone of the 3 boilers, my recommendation is either Baxi or Intergas
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure