PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Have you put the central heating on yet?

Options

Comments

• kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not yet, dressing gown, candles & throws will do for the time being!
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't have any central heating but the wood burning stove has been lit this evening. The first fire is always as effective as the first pancake you make...
  • MrsLWW
    MrsLWW Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    I broke yesterday, it was just getting a little nippy. DH thinks I'm mad lol.
    Debt peak approx £30,000 :eek: now debt free!!! :j
    My parents always said "If you can't afford it cash, you can't afford it!" so true!.... mind you, turns out we can't afford much lol :rotfl:
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Just had it on for an hour to test it is working. All is well and I'll try to leave it until at least October, preferably November before having it on for more than that.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Living_proof
    Options
    One minute is was distinctly nippy and the next absolutely sweltering. When I turned up the thermostat from next to nothing to 20 degrees I completely forgot that it under-registers and that 16C is quite hot enough. I'll turn it down when I go to bed - maybe it won't be needed in the morning.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • DigForVictory
    Options
    Not yet, but I've bought another sweater...
  • SparksAlive
    Options
    Nope, and I had the window open last night in the bedroom! ��
  • tt07
    tt07 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    At the moment it's a temptation but not in and nothing a jumper won't sort, would like to get to October, but we will see.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I'm feeling quite chilly today, I will put an extra blanket on the bed tonight and wear my fluffy socks.

I will try and hold out switching the heating on until October, but will do it sooner if I need to.:)
  • Trina90
    Trina90 Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    One good aspect of living in a mid - terrace.. don't feel the cold.. yet. Still needing to have the windows open. Think we would be able to leave it quite late but I do now have a pair of Skinny Pigs (hairless guinea pigs!) to keep warm! I will be buying them lots of fleecy beds.:o
    Mortgage started 2015: £150,000 2016: £130,000 2017: £116,000 2018: £105,000 2019: £88,000 2020: £69,000 2021: £51,195 2023: MORTGAGE FREE!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure