Confused about Halifax Kilo of Papers Sent to us

Hi, I hope someone can help. I sent 2 closed account template letters to Halifax and received a kilo of papers for 2 mortgages we had early 2000s. Some of the statements are in tiny type and very difficult to read. There is also a lot of codes they use for different products which is a nightmare. I'm not sure what code they use for PPI. And I'm not sure if its deliberately confusing. Apparently the people who put the paperwork together call themselves DATA COLLECTOR'S and say they can't discuss PPI. Don't know what next step should be.

PoochLady

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    What exactly did you ask for?

If you want to know if you had PPI, did you just ask them if you had PPI?

Or did you do a SAR?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    And I'm not sure if its deliberately confusing.

its not.

A DSAR requires the firm to supply data they hold on you. They are not required to alter the data to make it consumer friendly. They are required to supply what they hold, how they hold it.
    Aparently the people who put the paperwork together call themselves DATA COLLECTOR'S and say they can't discuss PPI.

If you make a data subject access request then it will be the data collectors that reply. They have nothing to do with PPI. A DSAR is not required to make a PPI complaint. It is only used sometimes in PPI cases where someone doesn't believe the bank is telling the truth.
    Don't know what next step should be.

If you have bank statements then you will know if you had MPPI or not as it would have been a monthly payment on the statement (not to be confused with life assurance).

If not, then you just ask Halifax. No need to pay for a DSAR or other things.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure