Plevin Ruling.

Options
I went through a claims company and sought to get my PPI money back from the NatWest card I had. This claim was rejected by NatWest and my claims company asked me if I wanted to refer it to the financial ombudsman (FOS). I agreed and eventually I received a letter in March 2016 from FOS saying they agreed with NatWest decision to reject my claim. I informed my claims company and they have since closed the file on this claim and will not be pursuing it anymore.

I have received a letter today 17th Jan 2018 from FOS detailing the Plevin rule and due to this I will be awarded just over £2000 (including interest and less tax owed). The Plevin rule deals with the commission charged by the lender from what I understand and is not the actual PPI payout. The letter went on to state I should let any third party (I.e. my claims company) aware of the compensation I was due to get. I am unsure if I actually need to inform the company as they have written to me stating they had closed my claim and would not have anything more to do with it due to the initial FOS ruling.
What am I to do? I’m thinking as I am not actually receiving a PPI payout which is what they were dealing with...... I do not need to inform them of this.
Am I right?

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You have the letter from the claims co to say the claim is closed, you do not have to inform them of this redress.
    If you get a letter from from them asking for payment, send a copy of the one they sent to you showing the case is closed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure