DLA to PIP enquiry

Options
Hello there, I'm just here to put my mind at rest since by the looks of the letter i received, the dates add up to 8 weeks without money.

I have recently had my medical and have just had the letter to say i've been awarded PIP. My most recent DLA payment was Tuesday 11th April 2017, which was temporarily being paid by PIP during my transition. I just got my PIP award letter saying this:
"We will pay £66 into your usual account on 7th June 2017. This is money that we owe you from 17th May 2017 to 6th June 2017."

I was due to get paid my next usual DLA payment on Tuesday 9th May, which i assume will stop now i'm officially awarded PIP. Does this mean from 11th April (my last DLA payment) to the 7th June (My PIP backpayment), which is 8 weeks apart, i will receive nothing? Or will PIP still pay me my usual DLA payment on the 9th of May when it was due?

I would call them but i don't have the phone credit at this time, and i figured some people on here who have already transferred to PIP would know. Thanks in advance

Comments

• pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There should be no 'missing' payments

Each new PIP award does not kick in until four weeks after the DLA payday following the date the decision was made on the PIP claim.

You will continue to be paid your DLA until the time your PIP award starts (see above)
  • sarahe18
    sarahe18 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Pheww, I did not know this. Thanks very much for your help :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure