Best Platform for Choice of IT's

Options
I'm currently with Fidelity for my ISA's and up till now have been happy with the selection of IT's available. However, recently I have asked them about investing in JP Morgan US Smaller Companies and they tell me that they only offer a certain amount of IT's!

I know Fidelity are very cheap for holding IT's (maximum £45 per annum) but if they don't have a better range to select from then I want to look at another platform. I think the same problem occurs with iWeb and Halifax as far as selection is concerned so can anybody recommend another platform that has a wide selection of IT's at a reasonable price?

Comments

• A_T
    A_T Posts: 959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hargreaves Lansdown ISA fees are capped at £45pa for shares, ITs and ETFs.

Selftrade might be worth a look too.
  • StellaN
    StellaN Posts: 354 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AJ Bell Youinvest only charge £30 pa to hold IT's and have a great selection available including JP Morgan US Smaller Companies.

More importantly, I suppose you also have to bear in mind the switch or buy and sell prices for IT's with each platform. With AJ Bell Youinvest it's £9.95 per deal. Not sure about deal charges with HL and Selftrade?
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Have a look here for the best choices, remembering ITs count as shares.
    Coolly Comparing Investment Platform charges - SnowMan's spreadsheet
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    StellaN wrote: »
    Not sure about deal charges with HL and Selftrade?
    HL £11.95 or £1.50 Monthly Saving including JPM US Smaller Cos
    X-O might be worth a look, no idea about their range of ITs
  • StellaN
    StellaN Posts: 354 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 November 2017 at 12:48PM
    Options
    OP if you only hold IT's in your ISA then I think AJ Bell and HL offer you the best selection of IT's to choose from at competitive prices.

Although iWeb and Halifax are cheaper they are both limited on choice of IT's and for example neither list the JP Morgan US Smaller Companies IT.

P.S. Please check this all for yourself and as others have mentioned use Snowman's spreadsheet for comparisons.
  • firestone
    Options
    Fidelity did say when they revamped their website & account pages(for the worse) a few weeks back that they intend to offer full share & IT dealing very soon so it may pay to check with them again.
    Also if you have IT outside of ISA/Pension with fidelity believe it is free of service charge(may be the same with others)
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 November 2017 at 1:49PM
    Options
    ColdIron wrote: »
    HL £11.95 or £1.50 Monthly Saving including JPM US Smaller Cos
    X-O might be worth a look, no idea about their range of ITs
    X-O (Jarvis)... Full range of ITs (listed in the UK), £5.95 per trade, no regular investment option, no ISA fee.

EDIT: Just checked, JPM US Smaller Cos is available in X-O

firestone wrote:
    Fidelity did say when they revamped their website & account pages(for the worse) a few weeks back that they intend to offer full share & IT dealing very soon so it may pay to check with them again.
    Would be interesting to see if this broader access is carried through to their SIPP. The restrictive range of non-OIECs was the one reason I never transferred a SIPP to them.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • firestone
    Options
    cloud_dog wrote: »
    X-O (Jarvis)... Full range of ITs (listed in the UK), £5.95 per trade, no regular investment option, no ISA fee.

Would be interesting to see if this broader access is carried through to their SIPP. The restrictive range of non-OIECs was the one reason I never transferred a SIPP to them.
    Would guess that would be the case and it would be handy if they do
  • capital0ne
    Options
    :beer: Just checked iWeb and JPMorgan US Smaller Co. Inv Tst (JUSC) is available :beer:
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cloud_dog wrote: »

As IT's are quoted listed companies there's no issue in accessing any stock. As behind X-O are Jarvis Investment Management who are FCA authorised Execution Only brokers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure