Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• MissTeach
    MissTeach Posts: 260 Forumite
    Options
    Happy Birthday Maman!

Can't decide if last night was as bad as I thought it would be! Went to a mexican restaurant and had beef brisket burrito with sweet potato fries and frijoles. Had half a jug of cava based sangria. We then went for a drink in another bar and I had an Eton mess cocktail. Can't remember what was in it but it was bloody marvellous! Had two raspberries on top - speed bonus! Then we were naughty and stopped for gelato on the way home. Could have been worse as I was originally planning on drinking more.

Know we shouldn't weigh ourselves at home but I do every morning - I just write it down in a notebook, it generally has no bearing on how my day then pans out! Was happy this morning that the scale still said the same as yesterday morning so hopefully haven't done too much damage.

Back on it today with albeit odd choices as was trying to use things up from the fridge! Hadn't intended on chicken for every meal but breakfast and lunch was using up a pack of cooked chicken slices I had in.
    B: Pear and small piece of cooked chicken
    L: Remainder of the cooked chicken with beetroot, parsnip and carrot chips cooked in coconut frylight with scwartz chip seasoning

D: Planning on having roast chicken breast with oxo roasties, parsnips, carrots, brocolli, sprouts, SW onion gravy and will have a yorkshire pudding (4.5 syns) and some bread sauce.

Any ideas on whether this:
    Schwartz Luxury Bread Sauce Mix (40g sachet)

71/2 syns for the dry mix or made as per instructions? It will use semi skimmed milk but not sure how to syn. I'll end up having less than half the pack but not sure what to count.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Half lb on :(

Never mind will try and get it off and more this next week :D
  • smallpackages
    smallpackages Posts: 10,024 Forumite
    Options
    thanks everyone for the replies. The way it works out its 4.5 in a month but i did put on every week in January as i found the plan difficult so the way its been recorded i am still not in negative figures IYKWIM. I'll be honest i have been struggling with this for so long that yesterday totally depressed me and i have eaten everything i wanted to eat but haven't allowed myself. I do measure milk and started eating more speed as well. I feel like my face might not fit with this woman but my daughter is doing so well and doesn't want to change groups. I felt it odd to say there's no rhyme or reason when taking money from folk for a formula that's meant to work but anyway. I will start again tomorrow and get the support I nneed elsewhere (here lol) thanks again everyone your support has helped. I thought i was losing my mind.xx
    :rotfl:"that grady! won't sit next to a black child in church! but eats eggs, shoot right out a chickens !!!!!!" from fried green tomatoes:rotfl:
    :smileyheaMSE is where my friends live :smileyhea
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kind of back on plan if you ignore the remaining b'day sweets I ate so I thought i'd post me menu to see how good/bad it was.

B - toast (heb)jam (1)
    L - chicken, cheese(hea), pickles, egg, fruit
    T - brisket, corn, red slaw, vegetable chips
    S - crisps (3) sweets (15 ish maybe)

Small packages - do you eat a lot of yogurt? The discussion in our class at the moment is eating multiple yogurts because they're 'free' and it hindering losses. The lady that used to eat 4-5 a day stopped eating so many and started losing again. OH has decided to experiment this week and see if it helps his losses.

Missteach, think the 7.5 syns is for the whole packet of dry mix. The milk would be extra or part of your hea. I may be wrong though, just my interpretation.

Hope your tum's a bit better TIE x
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jings, I didn’t think it had been so long since I was in!

Anyhow, forgive me, friends, for I have synned – many, many times and so I will be paying my penance on the scales tomorrow. I am just home from a lovely weekend in Aberfeldy.

Congratulations to all losers, hugs to those in need, and I believe some birthday wishes are in order too. I’ll now pop off to try to catch up, then I’ll go try to plan for the rest of the week. Then, as Arnie said, “I’ll be back!”
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »
    Jings, I didn’t think it had been so long since I was in!

Anyhow, forgive me, friends, for I have synned – many, many times and so I will be paying my penance on the scales tomorrow. I am just home from a lovely weekend in Aberfeldy.

Congratulations to all losers, hugs to those in need, and I believe some birthday wishes are in order too. I’ll now pop off to try to catch up, then I’ll go try to plan for the rest of the week. Then, as Arnie said, “I’ll be back!”

I have sat you on the naughty seat for 5 mins :p

On a serious note welcome back greentiger
    :wave:
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all

Happy Birthday Maman, hope you've enjoyed it.

:bdaycake:

Still hot here today but the forecast mentions SNOW again. :eek:

DH and I took the opportunity to go for a walk this morning before the temperature rose but I ended up with a blister on the ball of my foot. I was wearing different footwear to normal - the sandals I usually wear have given up the ghost and had to be thrown away.

Welcome back Greentiger - I've been to Aberfeldy, it's beautiful! Did you walk up to the Falls?

Lizzie - well done, 4.5 stone is a great achievement :T How much more do you want to lose?

Small - draw a line on what's past and start again, go back to basics, read your books, check your Syns, keep a food diary and let us be your support group. Lots here got to target without attending class so if you wanted to give up on them you could go it alone with your girl's and our support.

I'll be back in the morning with this weeks result, I've done a few Red days this week and I'm really hoping they've had the desired effect, although Friday's birthday meal out was quite synful, I had mussels to start followed by sea bass but I couldn't resist tiramisu for pud. (It was all delicious tho!)

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A big low-fat happy birthday to the fabulous Maman!

You're a SW star and have helped me immensely over the last few weeks/months/years.

Hope you've had a fabulous day.
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    TakeItEazy wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Maman 🎉🍷

Having a bad day myself, had a bowl of porridge for breakfast and felt lousy ever since. Not sure if it's the oats (although same oats as every day) or am intolerant to milk as had all milk instead of the usual splash. My tum really hurts though :(

Happy birthday Maman and have a lovely holiday.

Take it easy I make my porridge half milk half water sometimes just water then I put Almond milk on or Soya milk I generally use Almond on cereal and I don't get tummy ache or bloating.:cool:

I am trying to get in a good frame of mind to keep to my plan. Hubby just asked me if I would like some toast for my supper I said NO
    How about that for a start :T :T:T

This is what I am having tomorrow...

Breakfast.. museli A/B raspberries , strawberries blueberries.

Lunch.. ham and Boiled egg salad banana

Dinner.. salmon s/w chips and salad. Clementine.

Extra. 2. Crispbread s plus butter 5 syns. F f yoghurt.
    5 syns.
  • Whiplashy
    Whiplashy Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    I'm so behind on the thread. I've been really sick all week so haven't been on plan, but I've been eating very little anyway. -5 lb for me. Not going to lie, I'm really pleased :j Even though I know it's just lack of food and I'll probably gain most back next week. Getting better now but still feel pretty bad. Going to try get back somewhat on plan tomorrow. Plan for the week is to save all my syns because it's Paddy's day on Friday which means a whole lot of partying next weekend :rotfl: Fingers crossed I'll be up to it! Damage limitation between now and then!

Hope everyone's having a good week. I'll try and catch up on the thread tomorrow. I'm only on page 19!
    Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
    Total lost 1st 3.5lbs :j Week 4
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family