PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• ArthriticOldThing
    Options
    So sorry to hear about the hospital trip Mardatha. Hope you get some help & treatment soon.
    Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Do without.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Get well soon mar have the rest of my jelly babies. Sorry there is only 1 black one left.

That did make me laugh :rotfl:
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you feel better mar.
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Posted a long reply and lost it, our internet and phone are having issues.

Anyhoo, keeping it brief, hugs Mardatha, hope you get some relief soon
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That sounds ghastly Mar, you must have been in agony.I do hope that whatever they gave you at the abattoir will take the pain away. Lots of hugs.

Ivyleaf: your property problems seem to be sorting themselves out. It's such a worry when these things happen. Our happy lives can be thrown into chaos so easily, can't they? It doesn't take much to upset our equilibrium. I hope everything works out well for you.

I've had a long talk with DIL and DS tonight about what we are going to do about our housing situation. I have been back here a year now and although we love each other to bits and all get along extraordinarily well it was never intended to be a permanent arrangement. I have no intention of spending the rest of my life in one room but we have all agreed that we want to live close to each other, so after Christmas we will be putting this house on the market and I will be looking for my bungalow. It's all exciting but I do quail a bit at the prospect of yet another great upheaval.
    C'est la vie.
    x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Monna that sounds a perfect arrangement - you'll still be close enough to attempt the odd overnight challenge from dgd but will have your things around you and usable . Try to view it as the next step in your life , we'll all be rooting for you .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Good luck house hunting Monna
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just think of it as being exciting monna! Great that you can have a proper discussion about it and come to solution that suits you both. Good luck!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ooh I love online house-hunting! Good luck!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 October 2016 at 8:02AM
    Options
    Mardatha, what is the prognosis for your gallbladder? I finally had mine removed and life, since, has been so much better. I really hate that you have this on top of everything else!

Hester, I need your blog link. Got me curious! :rotfl:

Ivy, hoping it all works out with housing.

Monna, Wow! Change is in the air!! It's good that you have taken this initial step. I'll bet you are glad to have that out of the way and can now take steps toward a new domicile.

Pondering paint colors here. Tile was ripped out last week and once it was out of the laundry, I realized how bad the walls look. That led to ~~well we need to paint the cabinets too, oh and the countertop needs to be replaced (truly) and let's build that pantry we have talked about for years. That's just the laundry room...two more rooms to go. :D

p.s. Thank you for the kind encouragement when I was feeling so heartbroken again about my sister. Your words have helped.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family