MSE Poll: Do you travel with or without travel insurance?

Options
2»

Comments

• winnoch
    winnoch Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We mostly stay-cation at 'home' (Islands of Scotland) and are middle-aged and relatively illness free so in my 40-something years have never taken out insurance for these types of holiday. It just doesn't register as a significant risk for me.

Travel-wise I'm fairly certain if ferries were cancelled we would be put on another service as soon as weather permits or if it was longer term, a refund would probably be forthcoming. The good thing about holidaying in the remotest parts of Scotland is that there's usually an attractive holiday alternative nearby. Yeah i suppose we could lose out on our accommodation costs, but we usually go self-catering with private individuals or very small holiday let companies who put customer service and repeat business above a quick buck, so tend to offer partial or full refunds if you can't make it through no fault of your own.

On the rare occasion we go abroad, yes we get insurance then as much more to go wrong and holidaying at the airport or its surroundings are less appealing ...
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Both.

Travel insurance and EHIC.

Ehic is briliant and reciprocal. But it will not get you home if you need to and are in need of transfer elsewhere..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure