IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Broken down vehicle in a PE Aldi car park

Options
Hi, I'm hoping you can help me, I have received a PCN from ParkingEye. I have read the 'newbie' threads and have contacted Aldi and am going to put in an email appeal to ParkingEye in the first instance, using the wording on the forum.
However, I have two questions I'm hoping you can help me with (please do just direct me to a tread if someone else has already asked this).
1. The driver went into the store, did some shopping, came back to the vehicle, which failed to start. The driver had no means to recovering the vehicle until the following day, so left a notice on the vehicle to this effect. Is there still grounds to appeal?
2. The driver did not know that this car park was covered by parking eye (tiny signs), and would have contacted them if they had realised. Is there still grounds to appeal?
In the light of the circumstances above, is there anything else you would recommend putting in the initial appeal email to ParkingEye?
Many thanks for reading, I hope you can help!!

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    The driver had no means to recovering the vehicle until the following day,

AA, RAC, Green Flag? It was not really broken down was it? It was abandoned. Unless you can get Aldi to cancel, (which they usually do), you may struggle.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 March 2017 at 3:02PM
    Options
    You have grounds for appeal. I wouldn't bother with mitigation when you send the BPA template appeal to parking lie.

Do not mention who was driving when you contact Aldi. Just refer to the driver who was using your (the keeper's) car.

How much did you spend? It is believed that if you spend above a certain, but secret, amount then Aldi will cancel. Provide proof of purchase when you contact the Aldi manager or CEO.

It is also believed that Aldi do not allow parking lie to take customers to court. This has never happened in the past and again it is believed this is part of a (secret) contract Aldi have with parking lie.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • SFrobinson
    Options
    Thank you, very helpful. I have contacted Aldi, they asked me the name of the driver (I've not said) and to send them a copy of the receipt from the shopping (was not a big spend, £15ish) and a copy of the PCN.
    Should I do these things simultaneously, or wait for Aldi to respond before sending in my appeal letter to PE?
    Many thanks again for your help
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have contacted Aldi, they asked me the name of the driver
    What did Aldi actually ask? Who asked it?

We wonder if the stupid bints who reply 'for' Aldi are actually employed by ParkingEye and this (perhaps) proves it.

Appeal to PE before 28 days from the date issued. Send BOTH Aldi and PE the proof of breakdown as well, not just the receipt.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Options
    SFrobinson wrote: »
    Thank you, very helpful. I have contacted Aldi, they asked me the name of the driver (I've not said) and to send them a copy of the receipt from the shopping (was not a big spend, £15ish) and a copy of the PCN.
    Should I do these things simultaneously, or wait for Aldi to respond before sending in my appeal letter to PE?
    Many thanks again for your help

I don't trust parking lie so I would send the appeal to them anyway, although it won't matter if you want to wait a bit. The advantage of waiting is that if Aldi cancel then you can add that to the appeal, without revealing the driver's identity, just don't miss the deadline to parking lie!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hit Aldi hard on their Facebook page. It can normally get them to get a move on.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • SFrobinson
    Options
    I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who replied and helped me with my PE parking charge. I was advised by Aldi to write explaining what had happened to their Parking Management Team, following the message I sent them on facebook. I have just had an email saying they are going to contact PE to cancel the charge! I'm over the moon! Many thanks for your help, cheers, Sarah x
  • Fruitcake
    Options
    SFrobinson wrote: »
    I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who replied and helped me with my PE parking charge. I was advised by Aldi to write explaining what had happened to their Parking Management Team, following the message I sent them on facebook. I have just had an email saying they are going to contact PE to cancel the charge! I'm over the moon! Many thanks for your help, cheers, Sarah x

Well done, but it is not over until parking lie say it is over so you should still send the BPA template in blue from the NEWBIES thread if they haven't confirmed the cancellation by a few days before the appeal deadline.
    You can then add a copy of the email with your appeal.

On another matter, you shouldn't be using real names on here, (if that is what you have done) especially if you need to come back again with another PCN. Parking scammers read these fora and have been known to use posts from the internet in court when trying to prove the identity of a driver.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business