Updated Printable Money off Coupons & Policies Thread 22 (and chat)

Options

Comments

• mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    PS. How do you guys managed to use all these vouchers? At my Asda, they say if it's printed off the Internet, you can't use them. At Tesco, it's hit and miss, but they normally have to ask the Checkout Supervisor which normally takes ages and everyone in the queue behind me pout and get moany. Give me some tips peeps! Thanks x x
  • myrtleturtle
    myrtleturtle Posts: 8,206 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    thanks
    but already on 1st pages

please take the time to check/read 1st pages before posting coupon finds
    thanks

£2 Off Eucerin products when you take there survey Clicky
    Took me about 3 mins, not too tedius. Can request coupon to be posted if preferred :)
  • jostall69
    jostall69 Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    I have had no problems using coupons until yesterday,home bargains called the manager who finally agreed they could in fact take internet coupons now ,tesco s said they would take the huggies coupons just this once but would not in future because they all had the same barcode,also the same with the dettol no touch handwash system & then asda refused to take unilever ,campbells & a few others because it took off more than a third of my total shopping ,soooooo not immpressed ,not a good shopping day yesterday :mad:
  • myrtleturtle
    Options
    as you've found its very hit and miss from store to store and even SA to SA in each store to how successful you are.

if you have the nerve stand your ground, ignore people in the queue behind your doing nothing wrong using coupons.
    asda used the printed of internet thing with me to start with but being confident and stating you case while staying calm and polite works wonders ( have them all trained up now:rotfl:)

some say choose your SA wisely ( young males and sometimes females Sas are best)
    don't dither be/sound confident (works wonders) , stay polite

i find that being chatty / smile and be polite ,always a hello and goodbye (banter)to Sa's and till supervisers works wonders as over time you build up a rappor with most. ( my local tesco supervisor know me as the coupon lady now :rotfl:)

failing all that if they don't take the coupons ,get them to remove the items from your bill, some hate this as time consuming.
    complain to HO, although i think someone mentioned tesco HO are not so interested and are leaving it to store managers
    they are very good with coupons in my area though:j
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    PS. How do you guys managed to use all these vouchers? At my Asda, they say if it's printed off the Internet, you can't use them. At Tesco, it's hit and miss, but they normally have to ask the Checkout Supervisor which normally takes ages and everyone in the queue behind me pout and get moany. Give me some tips peeps! Thanks x x
  • myrtleturtle
    Options
    sorry to hear you had problems
    i find with less known for coupons like HB, superdrug, boots etc that its best to ask before shopping

as to coupons with same barcode thats a load of Bull. as long as you buy one item per coupon and it says one per item purchased on them then they should have taken them and i believe someone also mentioned the % of shop thing is incorrect too. as long as you buy correct items they had no reason not to take them
    email asda HO and get them to clarify the policy on both these for you and maybe even as for it in writing so you have a hard copy to carry around with you
    jostall69 wrote: »
    I have had no problems using coupons until yesterday,home bargains called the manager who finally agreed they could in fact take internet coupons now ,tesco s said they would take the huggies coupons just this once but would not in future because they all had the same barcode,also the same with the dettol no touch handwash system & then asda refused to take unilever ,campbells & a few others because it took off more than a third of my total shopping ,soooooo not immpressed ,not a good shopping day yesterday :mad:
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I have deff found a smile and some chat works wonders. In the past i was really nervous about handing over coupons, but if you've checked the t&c, aren't trying to use out of date or coupons against the wrong product, you're doing nothing wrong.

Don't be 'bullied' by people behind you in the queue, yes it's frustrating for them - but if they really want to, they can move to another checkout.

MT is quite right saying stand your ground. I was in a big Mr T last week and the SA didn't want to use the APG coupons I had (said T didn't accept them) I said that my understanding was they did, and could she please check with a supervisor. Cue SA getting a little flustered and calling supervisor (who seeminly had a lot on her plate with some shift changes) - she entered the barcode into the til, which went through, and bascially said to the SA 'if the til accepts it, we take them' :D
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• myrtleturtle
    Options
    you can get 2 different coupons from FB unilever 1st ones for £1 but if you do a survey you can get a 50p coupon too
    Lynsey wrote: »
    Thank you.

Morning all.

Just read that LC, here's some coupons she may need. lol
    2836429-free-get-out-of-jail-coupon-or-ticket.jpg

Redkids, my vouchers for the Domestos bleach are for £1 each??
    Thanks, I'll be in Morries tomorrow so I'll take a look.

Lynsey
  • myrtleturtle
    Options
    spot on Kerri

my tesco now only take 1 APG , when i emailed CS about this and i queried it a second time they replied saying this was always the policy.

must admit though coupon use does wonders for your confidence , before doing coupons and using this site , i would never have had the confidence to run a thread like this
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    I have deff found a smile and some chat works wonders. In the past i was really nervous about handing over coupons, but if you've checked the t&c, aren't trying to use out of date or coupons against the wrong product, you're doing nothing wrong.

Don't be 'bullied' by people behind you in the queue, yes it's frustrating for them - but if they really want to, they can move to another checkout.

MT is quite right saying stand your ground. I was in a big Mr T last week and the SA didn't want to use the APG coupons I had (said T didn't accept them) I said that my understanding was they did, and could she please check with a supervisor. Cue SA getting a little flustered and calling supervisor (who seeminly had a lot on her plate with some shift changes) - she entered the barcode into the til, which went through, and bascially said to the SA 'if the til accepts it, we take them' :D
  • myrtleturtle
    edited 14 August 2011 at 8:26PM
    Options
    all offers should still be ok, please let me know if any end. otherwise i will keep adding to and check list fully on wednesday.

still adding to so eyes peeled:D

shopping list time
    offers to use with coupons

- gillette venus spa £4.99 S, £4.49 T
    - gillette venus embrace £3.74 S, £4.24T
    - queen of shaves razor: £2.99 S, shave gels: £2.24 S
    - BIC soliel bella £2.50 S, scents £1.82 S, superdrug: scents £3.65 BOGOF, lady £3.05 BOGOF
    - dove shampoo £1.16 S

- pantene colour 500ml £1.98 S, £3 BOGOF T (£4A)
    - head and shoulders itchy scalp
    shampoo 500ml £3 T (£4.50A)
    conditioner 400ml £3 T
    - olay touch of foundation £10.19 S, £10 A
    - E45 bath milk £3.23 Boots
    -colgate 360 surround toothbrush £1.50 S, £4.16 BOGOF T

- fairy original liquid 650ml 2x £2.50 T & S
    - fairy allinone 42tabs £5.09 S
    -method shower spray 2x £5 T
    - finish quantum 20s £5 A, (£6.75 T)
    - finish dish cleaner 250ml £3 A, 3for2 £3.57 S
    - ambi pur 3volution unit £4.08 & £4.60 T
    - febreze £2 S, 2x £4 T
    - airwick odour detect £7.14 M
    - bold 2in1 pink 40tabs 2x £10 S, 2kg powder £6S
    - lenor 750ml £1 T, 2x £3 S, 1.5l 2x £5 T
    - ariel 28w gel £5 S, 23w tabs £5 S, 28w powder £5 S, 40tab 2x £10 S
    - ariel stain 1.5kg powder £4.34 T

- ariel stain remover powder 940g £4 M
    - persil passionflower or sunshiny day 23w powder £3.06 T
    - comfort exhilarations 1.5l £2 A, comfort 750ml £1.80 or 2x £2.50 M
    - surf: 25w powder £4 T, 28w liquid £4 T, 18w liquid £2 A
    -plenty fat roll 2pk £1.67 M

- dettol wipes £1.02 S, no touch £4.99 M , £4.99/£5 S, spray 750ml £1.49 S
    - domestos 2x £1.50 M
    -cif bathroom spray 750ml £2 A

-kenco refill 150g 2x £3 S, £3 T & A
    -yazoo 472ml 3x£2 T, 500ml 3for2 99p T or 2x £1.20 S
    -innocent juice 900ml 2x £3 S & T
    -vimto 500ml 2x £1.80 T
    - dr pepper 500ml 2x £1.80 S & T
    - purple wkd 2x £5 A, 2x £5.50 S
    - pg tips new ones £1.34 M, £2 S
    - bulmers 17 2x£3 M
    - pg tips: 160pk £3 A, 280pk £5 T, green tea 40pk £1.85 or 2x £2 M, 160pk+50% £3.50 iceland
    -yorkshire tea 40pk with 100% free £1.35 M
    -sharwoods sauces 420g 3x £3 A, £x £4 S
    - glorious japanese fragrant miso soup £1 A
    - sensations £1.75 BOGOF S , £1.99 BOGOF co-op, 87p T, £1A
    - curiously cinnamon 375g £1.50T & A
    - fox ambers 69p M
    - lotus biscuits 2x £1.50 M
    - weightwatchers pots 2x £4 S
    - go ahead bakes and yogurt breaks 2x £3 S, crispy slices £1 A, all 3for2 T £1.65-£2.69
    - campbells pk soup 2x £1.50 A, tin soup 50p T
    - allisons nature friendly plain/self flour 76p S
    - quakers oats so simple 2 x £3.50 T, A ,S, M
    - flora pro activ yogurt drink 2x £6 A & S
    - flora activ milk 1l £1 A
    - flora buttery 500g £1 co-op
    - flora spread 1kg £2 A & S
    - flora cuisine £1.50 S & A
    - flora sunflower oil 1L £1.58 T & A , 2x £3 S
    - clover 500g £2 BOGOF T
    - utterly butterly 500g 90p M , 2x £2 T
    - vitalite 500g £1.20 S T A
    - magnums £1.50 A
    - cornetto enigmas £1.49 S, cornetto £1.12 M
    -soleros £1.16 S
    - Mccain oven chips crinkles 1.81kg £2 S
    - Mccains : hash browns £1 A, rustic chips 1kg £1.50 T ,S, A,M
    - walls vienetta £1 T
    - walls soft scoop ice cream £1.57 T
    - walls sausages £1.14 T & M , 12pk £1 iceland
  • sher60
    sher60 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Options
    What a cheek!:eek::eek: Glad she doesn't live anywhere near me!!!!!
    Murphy knows me too well and sticks to me like glue!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure