Contractors working at my house, and my car has been badly damaged.

Options
13»

Comments

• rich13348
    rich13348 Posts: 840 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Accident management company is not looking out for your best interests but how best to line their pockets. Hence them wanting to give you a hire car etc but the cost will be at an astronomical rate that will be passed on to tp insurer. Leave it in the hands of the insurers of the builders.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    rich13348 wrote: »
    Accident management company is not looking out for your best interests but how best to line their pockets. Hence them wanting to give you a hire car etc but the cost will be at an astronomical rate that will be passed on to tp insurer. Leave it in the hands of the insurers of the builders.
    Who will more than likely, and be well within their rights to, refuse to pay leaving the OP to pay up themselves.
  • ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The accident management company have said that if the third party refuse to pay, I won't be charged for anything. They have some sort of indemnity policy that will pay if they cannot recover the costs. (Apparently. I'm not sure if this is true).

I don't want to use them, but my car is under a PCP and I'm worried about having no comeback if the repairs are substandard.
  • tonyh66
    tonyh66 Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    Options
    ripplyuk wrote: »
    The accident management company have said that if the third party refuse to pay, I won't be charged for anything. They have some sort of indemnity policy that will pay if they cannot recover the costs. (Apparently. I'm not sure if this is true).

I don't want to use them, but my car is under a PCP and I'm worried about having no comeback if the repairs are substandard.

and the AMC will want you to stump up the payment for the indemnity policy, they are parasites.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Options
    ripplyuk wrote: »

It'll be a standard credit-hire agreement which means in the T&Cs there will be a clause stating that you will be liable for costs if they can't be recovered.
  • ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm not happy with what the third party are suggesting, which is filling and buffing the quarter panel and bumper instead of replacing. And using a garage that they choose. I told them that the car is under a PCP and I may hand it back at the end so the repair needs to done well. They're also taking their time about everything.

The dealership want to repair it and they're saying that if anyone else repairs it, I might have big charges at the end of the PCP. However, I really don't want to let them. The car was recently damaged during the dealership servicing and the repair was so bad, it even shocked me (who knows nothing about cars). I'd prefer an independent body shop to do this.

I'm going with the accident management company. Its becoming too stressful and overwhelming and I don't see I have any other option. Unless anyone else has an idea?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure