Help please - Wedding fascinator etiquette

Options
Hiya,
:cool:
Just looking to see if anyone has any answers!
I'm going to a wedding and I am wearing a fascinator. I know hats should be removed (after mother of the bride removes hers) generally before speeches but I wondered what the deal with fascinators are? The one i am wearing is quite large (disc shaped) and I don't really want to remove it because it matches my shoes but would i look an idiot?

Thanks

Comments

• nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't imagine you would.

Is the mother of the bride even going to wear a hat?

Personally I view fascinators more as big hairs bobbles than a hat.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yes I'd not worry. I'd keep it on unless it became obvious that EVERYONE too all theirs off - doubt people these days would know anything about hat etiquette so just go and enjoy. I know I've taken a hat off when I felt like it.
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've never seen anyone take theirs off at a wedding before.......I also just view them as massive great big flouncy hairclip, so in no way a hat, never going to keep your hair dry hey ;):D
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • heartbreak_star
    Options
    I never knew the thing about when to take hats off! I've always removed mine the second I sat down as I hate them haha!

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I never knew the thing about when to take hats off! I've always removed mine the second I sat down as I hate them haha!

HBS x
    LMAO, maybe that's what others are doing......and then others think that's the etiquette :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • lfcdream
    lfcdream Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    ive been to quite a few weddings, and never really noticed anyone taking their fascinators off. x I wouldn't worry
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure