Clarks Outlet -Up to Half Price Sandals

Options
bubblesbonbon
bubblesbonbon Posts: 800 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
edited 1 June 2017 at 10:22AM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Many styles - Mens & Ladies - Up to 1/2 price - some discouted more, some less

https://www.clarksoutlet.co.uk/c/sandals?cm_mmc=ECRM_OUTLET-_-WK18OutletHalfSandalsProduct-_-banner-_-sandals
"It's nice to be important but more important to be nice"

John Templeton 1912-2008

Comments

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sadly these days Clarks just import cheaply made poor quality shoes, stick a Clarks label on them and sell them at high prices.

The reviews on Trustpilot about shoes falling apart after little or no use say it all (Bad: 1.5 out of 10):

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.clarks.co.uk
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Sadly these days Clarks just import cheaply made poor quality shoes, stick a Clarks label on them and sell them at high prices.
    It depends on what you buy. I'd still go for sandals with Privo soles, I have found them excellent in the past.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Whenever there is a Clarks or M&S deal thread, someone has to make this comment. I disagree, I still buy things from both and use for a long time.
    ally.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    Options
    asajj wrote: »
    Whenever there is a Clarks or M&S deal thread, someone has to make this comment. I disagree, I still buy things from both and use for a long time.

Exactly! Couldn't agree more.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• Doc_N
    Options

I wonder why that is? Maybe there are more dissatisfied customers than you might think, and certainly the appalling Trustpilot score supports that view. :)
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    edited 7 June 2017 at 4:54PM
    Options
    I didn't say there would be no dissatisfied customers. You might be dissatisfied with them but that doesn't mean everyone else is. I still find them good value for money and I feel disappointed with them no more than other brands.

Things have changed over the years in terms of manufacturing, therefore, quality may not be as good as it was once. This doesn't mean they are the lowest quality or/and worse than many other brands.

I don't care much about the TrustPilot. People tend to share negative experiences over positive ones. Their score is just one of the many on the internet.
    ally.
  • Doc_N
    Options
    I didn't say there would be no dissatisfied customers. I said, just because you are, it doesn't mean everyone else should be.

Things have changed over the years in terms of manufacturing, therefore, quality may not be as good as it was once. This doesn't mean they are the lowest quality or/and worse than many other brands.

I don't care much about the TrustPilot. People tend to share negative experiences over positive ones. Their score is just one of the many on the internet.

I'm just one of many, I'm afraid, as online comments show.

And as for TrustPilot, people share positive experiences too. Contrast Clarks abysmal 1.5/10 with Ecco's 9.2/10 for example.

There are serious quality issues with Clarks, but more to the point, they won't resolve them properly for customers.

I'm sure some people are very happy with Clarks, but a remarkable number are not - hence all the negative online comment about their dissolving, rotting shoes.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My Clark's shoes and sandals last for ages and they get a pounding.

I prefer my Clark's sandals for walking than the proper walking ones.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    I'm just one of many, I'm afraid, as online comments show.

And as for TrustPilot, people share positive experiences too. Contrast Clarks abysmal 1.5/10 with Ecco's 9.2/10 for example.

There are serious quality issues with Clarks, but more to the point, they won't resolve them properly for customers.

I'm sure some people are very happy with Clarks, but a remarkable number are not - hence all the negative online comment about their dissolving, rotting shoes.

I have bought Clark's all my life. I have not noticed a significant decline in quality. The only minor problem I once had with a pair of boots was the wood peeling off the heels. I took them back, they gave a me a refund of the price to get a cobbler to fix them and we were all happy.

One wonders what these people are doing with their shoes to cause them to rot and dissolve. What can you expect if you wear shoes without socks, as so many do these days. I am sure that sweat would cause that over time. At the end of the day, you have to take care of the things you own. I wonder how many people polish or suitably protect their shoes these days?
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• Doc_N
    Options
    Wizzbang wrote: »
    I have bought Clark's all my life. I have not noticed a significant decline in quality. The only minor problem I once had with a pair of boots was the wood peeling off the heels. I took them back, they gave a me a refund of the price to get a cobbler to fix them and we were all happy.

One wonders what these people are doing with their shoes to cause them to rot and dissolve. What can you expect if you wear shoes without socks, as so many do these days. I am sure that sweat would cause that over time. At the end of the day, you have to take care of the things you own. I wonder how many people polish or suitably protect their shoes these days?

It's nothing to do with what people are doing with the shoes. It's all to do with the unsuitable material Clarks used for the soles of many of their shoes for cheapness. The shoes (even brand new shoes still in their boxes) just disintegrate, as all the videos from many many people illustrate graphically.

Some people will be happy with their Clarks shoes but large numbers are not. Have you seen the number of people complaining about this on Trustpilot?

This is a huge issue for Clarks and just because some people didn't have the affected shoes doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist.

Personally I'm furious that my brand new shoes, and my wife's, have just rotted in the wardrobe and that Clarks won't do anything about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure