Exit row seats & Cathay Pacific

Options
Miró
Miró Posts: 6,907 Forumite
Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
About to do a couple of long haul flights with Cathay Pacific (Boeing 777-300ER) and we have paid extra to have more legroom in exit row seats (59b and 59c). Just wondering if we will have access to the usual personal entertainment screens and especially a charging point for iPads?

Any info much appreciated.

PS. Have looked on Seat Guru but cannot find any info!

Comments

• DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've never flown Cathay Pacific, but exit row seats usually have the same as other seats as far as I'm aware. The screens down the side of your seat along with your table, you just pull it up as & when.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    On some airlines the power options are not as comprehensive for exit row seats. For example, you might find the socket under the seat and shared with the person next to you. If there are any at all.
  • pennylane99
    pennylane99 Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Exit row seats are usually narrower due to the tray tables being stored in the armrests
  • Mr_Wangers_Wang
    Mr_Wangers_Wang Posts: 59 Forumite
    edited 11 October 2016 at 6:29PM
    Options
    You've been conned.

Exit row seats on long haul are amongst the worst seats on the plane.

First of all you will be next to a toilet so constant doors opening and closing all flight and the occasional dodgy smell wafting past your way, and if you are lucky and it's a galley instead... constant chatting and slamming of cupboards etc. In addition, people will be stood where you are sat either chilling out, or waiting for the toilet/galley.

And, depending on the plane seating config, you could be the last to get your food meaning you'll be swindled with the tofu and rice no one else wanted.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Exit row seats on long haul are amongst the worst seats on the plane.

Nonsense, I go for them at every opportunity, but like the OP, I go for ones near the galley with no toilets around.

Great for getting up and wandering around and for popping over to the galley outwith serving times for more food and drink or a chat. Get rid of your meal tray once you've finished eating either at the galley or in the space in front of you.
    Once the seat belt sign is off, put a bag on the floor in front of you where people might otherwise stand.
    All this and a massive amount of leg room.
    Only drawback for the OP is having to pay for them.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am tall with long legs so use them if they are available but I would agree, apart from the legroom they aren't great. Usually next to the toilets or galley and they are usually freezing cold too. That, plus the fact that they are often next to the bulkhead seats that screaming babies in bassinets use.

If you put a bag in front of you where people stand, as I have seen people do, be prepared for people to trip over it when they walk past, or the flight attendants to shift it out the way to an overhead locker half a plane away while you are asleep.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    Options
    I've seen someone with one of these http://www.screwfix.com/p/folding-stool-polypropylene-300mm/5076p in a fire exit seat, after take off, to put their feet up.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • ibizafan_2
    Options
    We've recently flown on British Airways 747s to America and back and paid extra to have exit row seats. They were the best economy seats on the plane, and nowhere near toilets or galley. In fact, they were just behind the Club World cabin, whose occupants had paid a hell of a lot more for no more legroom. It wasn't cold in these seats either, so I would recommend them to anyone.
  • littlereddevil
    Options
    No more legroom in Club World?
    travelover
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2016 at 8:14PM
    Options
    ibizafan wrote: »
    We've recently flown on British Airways 747s to America and back and paid extra to have exit row seats. They were the best economy seats on the plane, and nowhere near toilets or galley. In fact, they were just behind the Club World cabin, whose occupants had paid a hell of a lot more for no more legroom. It wasn't cold in these seats either, so I would recommend them to anyone.

Were you in row 28 or 29 of this aircraft http://www.thebasource.com/seatmaps/b747-400/14f52j36w235y.html ?

or row 33 http://www.thebasource.com/seatmaps/b747-400/14f70j30w185y.html ?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure