Movie night on the cheap!

Options
Thought I would share with everyone...

Music Magpie have hundreds of used DVDs on offer for 2 for £1.99 and also offer free delivery.

Plus quite a few boxsets and DVD 'bundles' count as a singular item so you can get even more for your money. :)

Comments

• Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just wondering about the pre-owned DVD's, what are people's experience of the quality of them? Are the used DVDs tested? As I've rented DVDs in the past and the picture freezed because the disc had scratches, etc..
  • Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    I bought one in my local electronics exchange shop yesterday for 50 pence.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why would anyone buy used DVD/ Blu-rays? Physical media is on the way out and guaranteed HD quality digital downloads are becoming the norm...
  • silverdream
    Options
    Marvqn1 wrote: »
    Just wondering about the pre-owned DVD's, what are people's experience of the quality of them?

I've just bought Rise and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and they've both played fine. Music Magpie say they guarantee the quality of pre-owned items. :)
    Geoff1963 wrote: »
    I bought one in my local electronics exchange shop yesterday for 50 pence.

That's good!
    Why would anyone buy used DVD/ Blu-rays? Physical media is on the way out and guaranteed HD quality digital downloads are becoming the norm...

I've personally bought a few DVDs for my room as my WiFi is very poor despite numerous attempts to improve it. Plus I suppose there may still be those in the older generations who prefer DVDs. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I I suppose there may still be those in the older generations who prefer DVDs. :)
    I was referring to used discs for which there is no guarantee of quality...
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've a big DVD collection and have bought loads of DVD's from Music Magpie through Amazon. Quality is good and I've never sent one back. I do get the occasional ex rental disc but they all played fine.

MM use some software on Amazon to ensure they are amongst the cheapest so you can get the occasional DVD for a penny (£1.27 with postage added). Although they need to be a few years old for that price.

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts