Anyone been to Bridgend shopping outlet?

Options
purpleducky
purpleducky Posts: 174 Forumite
Will be in the area soon and wondered if the Bridgend Designer Outlet is worth a visit?

The Bicester one was far too upmarket for me, hoping there might be some actual bargains at Bridgend :)

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been. It goes round in a U shape, so not confusing. Only one level.

I bought some Whittards stuff from there in the past and a pair of shoes. Also picked up some dirt cheap/reduced jewellery from some shop or other (Liz Claybourne?) ... can't remember now. £2.50/item for things that'd started life at about £10-15.

I'd say one hour max (unless you go into every shop and paw everything). If you do paw everything, leave 2 hours.
  • Blakey1982
    Blakey1982 Posts: 430 Forumite
    Options
    The Swindon one is fantastic and a lot bigger. Unfortunately my experience of the Bridgend one isn't great. Have been 3 times and not bought anything.
  • *~Zephyr~*
    *~Zephyr~* Posts: 612 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As a South Wales resident, I'm a regular visitor. I have an expensive Radley handbag habit and can feed it well there for 30%+ less than on the high street :)

Yankee Candle recently opened a shop there too, and that has some good bargains.

I've been to the Swindon outlet and I really do prefer Bridgend. I find the Swindon one to be more suited to young lads (with Superdry and that type of store). I used to live and work close to the Bicester one and that was proper posh. On my post-grad wages I could only just afford to browse!

I'd say that if you are going to be in the area, definitely drop in. There are some great bargains to be had in the Next Outlet if nothing else! And if you don't like it, go into Cardiff and explore St David's 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure