2»

Comments

• EdGasketTheSecond
    EdGasketTheSecond Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 November 2017 at 5:49PM
    Options
    iolanthe07 wrote: »
    Oh dear! Not great reviews on the whole, but I suppose satisfied customers don't bother sending in comments.

Well there weren't many reviews. To check and balance your theory (probably correct) you could look at other providers review scores on there.

You also have to beware of 'Fake News' i.e. where a person or persons employed by or associated with a company are pursuaded to write favourable reviews which aren't true. Seen this a lot; you can usually tell the fake ones as the 'person' has only made one post and all the positive reviews are written in the same style. Usually they are interspersed with terrible reviews (genuine) and the review score is completely polarised with predominantly 1's or 5's.
  • Xenon
    Xenon Posts: 235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have just opened an easy access account with them - very efficient so far - well designed website.
  • where_are_we
    Options
    Opened a 1 year fixed rate account last month - so far no problems - deposits via faster payments don`t show up until the next day, otherwise very efficient.
  • fryedslyce
    Options
    Opened a 1 year fixed rate account last month - so far no problems - deposits via faster payments don`t show up until the next day, otherwise very efficient.
    When I make a deposit via faster payments it shows in my Paragon account the same day, usually just a few hours later.
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    edited 29 November 2017 at 6:33AM
    Options
    fryedslyce wrote: »
    When I make a deposit via faster payments it shows in my Paragon account the same day, usually just a few hours later.

Both of you are right to an extent. Payments received before 1pm on a business day will appear in your account on the same day. Payments received after this time or on a non-business day will appear the next business day.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, but that's only on working days, weekends & bank holidays mean a further delay!
  • Malchester
    Options
    I would not use Paragon if I wanted immediate access but am happy to have Paragon for 'easy access' I've next business day, or fixed rate. For immediate access you cannot beat Tesco Internet Saver which gives almost immediate transfer to an account where you can get money out with a card.
  • beefturnmail
    Options
    They are quite loose with the phrase 'Easy Access' in my experience.

I opened an account last week and made an initial deposit via the linked bank account. A couple of days later I realised I needed some of that deposit for something else. No withdrawal option in their internet banking so I send them a secure message. 2 days later they respond to say I need to send them proof of ownership (original copy of a bank statement) of my linked banked account before they can allow a withdrawal (to the same account from which they accepted the initial deposit!) So, by the time this is all sorted, it'll have been at least a week's delay. I was able to source the money I needed from elsewhere, but from an account paying a higher rate of interest.
  • fryedslyce
    Options
    AirlieBird wrote: »
    Both of you are right to an extent. Payments received before 1pm on a business day will appear in your account on the same day. Payments received after this time or on a non-business day will appear the next business day.
    I've made a payment from my nominated account after 1pm and it was in my Paragon account by 5.00pm the same day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure