TV without cable

Options
rakesh5883
rakesh5883 Posts: 73 Forumite
Guys need your suggestions here.

I need to mount my TV and slightly away from where it is now, which means I will have to find a way to drag the coaxial cable, which is something I don't want.

What is the best way to retain the same set of TV Channels (Freeview is what I have now) but without the coaxial cable.

In short, can I just cut the cord, no TV Antenna, or dish running a cord to my TV, but have the same channels , there should be something !?

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    NowTV smart box takes current coax, you connect that to the tv with hdmi cable.
  • Debbie_Savard
    Options
    To use the Freeview decoder in the TV it'll need to be connected to an aerial
  • maninthestreet
    Options
    Can't you just extend the coax cable??
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • exiled_red
    Options
    The only wireless solution I can think of is using an amazon fire stick to watch programmes via wifi, but that is using the on demand or catch up services rather than the TV in the more traditional sense, obviously you are limited to the channels you can get.

The other alternative is if you have a TV (with aerial) elsewhere in the house getting some form of wireless signal sender and receiver but this would only send the signal displayed on the other TV and you would have to go to the other TV every time that you wanted to change the channel which I imagine would be a pain.

If you want to continue watching all the same channels and have the ability to change the channel in that room then you need to have the cables running to the TV, your best option is to try and hide/disguise the cable runs somehow.
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Options
    exiled_red wrote: »
    The only wireless solution I can think of is using an amazon fire stick to watch programmes via wifi, but that is using the on demand or catch up services rather than the TV in the more traditional sense, obviously you are limited to the channels you can get.

There are lots of wireless solutions in addition to Fire, two that come to mind are Google Chomecast and Roku. Or does the TV have built in casting?

OP the TV will still need a power cable as will the wireless solutions (unless they the TV has USB ports that will supply enough power) so what the issue with the aerial cable going to the TV?
  • exiled_red
    Options
    Inner_Zone wrote: »
    There are lots of wireless solutions in addition to Fire, two that come to mind are Google Chomecast and Roku. Or does the TV have built in casting?

OP the TV will still need a power cable as will the wireless solutions (unless they the TV has USB ports that will supply enough power) so what the issue with the aerial cable going to the TV?

I meant to put "something like an amazon fire stick" obviously I didn't type what I thought I did
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure