The Thomas Higgins Partnership Scam?

Options
Hi I recieved a letter from The Thomas Higgins Partnership demanding pay from my Company for £854.35.
The claimant is Money Inc Ltd. I don't owe anyone money at present so I'm sure its a scam.
There are no details about what its for I don't want ring or send a letter in case it plays into their hands.
Has anyone else received this letter or have any knowledge about it.
Many thanks

Comments

• MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    There's a thread running on another forum about this, the link takes you to here.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    There's a thread running on another forum about this, the link takes you to here.

Interesting thread, but no conclusion.
  • thomathy
    Options
    Thomas Higgins partnership itself is not a scam. It's just a solicitors that mass produce Letters Before Action and court claims on an industrial scale. I have used them myself and it is a cheap and effective way to pursue a debt and get it paid. They are not debt collectors, they just send the letters and do court claims and employ bailiffs or HCEOs (though I have not ever had one reach that far.)

So the question is, who are Money Inc, Ltd. As these will be the people driving the process. Thomas Higgins don't, I seem to remember, ask for any evidence at all, they simply correspond as they are instructed to correspond.

For what it is worth, there seem to be over a hundred companies at the 'Construction House' address where Money Inc, Ltd appear on a Google search. Could be anyone…
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    thomathy wrote: »
    For what it is worth, there seem to be over a hundred companies at the 'Construction House' address where Money Inc, Ltd appear on a Google search. Could be anyone…

That usually means its the address of a firm of accountants or solicitors, whose clients are using the addresses as a registered office.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    kirtz wrote: »
    Hi I recieved a letter from The Thomas Higgins Partnership demanding pay from my Company for £854.35.
    The claimant is Money Inc Ltd. I don't owe anyone money at present so I'm sure its a scam.
    There are no details about what its for I don't want ring or send a letter in case it plays into their hands.
    Has anyone else received this letter or have any knowledge about it.
    Many thanks

You could just ignore it, or you could send a version of the prove it letter (you would need to amend to take in to account that you are a company not an individual) - Letter when you know nothing about about the debt - AKA "Prove it" letter
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family