So many credit cards/store cards etc. where to start?

Options
I hope I'm posting in the right section & hoping someone can help me with PPI claims please.

I know absolutely nothing about claiming back PPI without going through a 3rd party, which I don't really want to do for obvious reasons.

I have a print out of Martin's claim form, but I'm flummoxed already. So many of the questions I don't have an answer for, as I don't have any paperwork: I don't know why I took out a credit card with such and such for example nor when, I only have a rough idea of the year.

Also, and this is what I don't understand most of all. I possibly paid PPI on so many credit cards, as I was what Martin calls a credit card tart, and I had store cards, as well of course the possibility of PPI on my current account with Lloyds.

Does this mean I have to complete somehow the long questionnaire for each and every one of my credit cards/catalogue accounts/store cards/bank account?

This would mean over 20 of these long forms altogether as I had:

Store cards;
Dorothy Perkins
River Island
Oasis

Credit cards:
Egg
Virgin
Nat West
Mint
Post Office
etc.

Catalogues:
Littlewoods
Very
Freemans

and a loan taken out in my daughter's name for a house survey, where I paid her back each month.

I would appreciate any help please, but could you make it simple to understand (or at least as simple as claiming back PPI makes it!)

TIA :)
Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,510 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So many of the questions I don't have an answer for,

if you dont know, then say you dont know.
    Does this mean I have to complete somehow the long questionnaire for each and every one of my credit cards/catalogue accounts/store cards/bank account?

yes it does. However, you can leave the firm specific information off but fill in the rest. Then print multiple forms with fill in provider specific information on each one.
    This would mean over 20 of these long forms altogether as I had:

And you will need to make over 20 complaints.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • littlewren
    littlewren Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you dunstonh, short but concise lol
  • littlewren
    littlewren Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can I still claim PPI charges from a bank if my current account is still with that bank?
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    This might interest you:

www.mirror.co.uk/money/you-used-store-card-1990s-7114139

For those who had store cards from the then Arcadia Group of stores before 2001 (TopMan, Top Shop, DP, Debenhams, Burton and so on), the Santander > FOS > Genworth route is currently proving successful in reclaiming store card PPI.

Genworth are the underwriter so are dealing with the historic liability.

Their address is on the link.

(Most only telephone Santander in order to find the account numbers if you don't already have these.)
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure