Monday to do list

1. Finish tidying cupboard of doom
    2. Hand wash 2 items of clothing
    3. Do 1 load of laundry
    4. CC payment and emergency fund transfer
    5. General house clean and tidy
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    I have now tv which costs £16.98 per month. I'm not sure whether to cancel it or not? I am on my own most evenings now and I suppose it would be good to keep it for that but then I think it would be a good saving too? Not sure about this, something to think about.

I'm not familiar with what channels are available on Now TV but how about Netflix as an alternative? Their cheapest package is £5.99 which I think is really reasonable. Or Now TV also do their passes which I find are always on offer and if you go through Quidco etc you can get cashback. I did this a while back and got the entertainment and cinema pass for 3 months for £12.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have Netflix and have watched lots of Box sets and films on there. We pay a bit more as there are 4 of us that use it!

When I think back to when I had Sky with my ex and he wanted all the sport and HD it was over £100 a month - totally ridiculous!
  • Singlemumwithplans
    Singlemumwithplans Posts: 80 Forumite
    edited 21 August 2017 at 4:58PM
    Options
    I Was really rubbish with my to do list today, will try again tomorrow! I did however transfer £100 to start my emergency fund and also a small payment to my cc.

I went shopping to aldi and got the weeks food. Totalled £37.69. I got Asked for ID on a bottle of wine and didn't have any so saved a fiver there! Also treated myself to a moisturiser and a face scrub. Nothing expensive. Used boots points for one and spent £3.99 on the other. Bought the last of the little lady's Christmas presents today too which was near enought £50.00 but is does mean she is all sorted!

Still haven't managed to make a decision on now tv but I am enjoying watching sex in the city from season one at the moment.....

Thrilled that a friend was throwing out a perfect duvet and a baby gate so said I would have them. I needed both so have defintely saved a few pennies there.

I had a lovely day with the little lady baking! Far more cake mix on the table, on the floor, on her face and in her mouth than went into the cupcakes!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Love the cupboard of doom , think we all have one of those, I know I have.

I enjoy baking with grandchildren, the more mess the better.

Super organised having all the Christmas presents bought for your little lady .
  • Singlemumwithplans
    Options
    Thanks cumbrialass, I am determined to conquer that cupboard of doom this summer. Watch this space!!!

Yes, the little lady is all done for Christmas, now to start on everyone else. I don't actually buy for too many people despite having a large family. We all agreed it was easier to just buy for kids ( which I find easier anyway).

I am pleased with the progress that I've made with the debt and I'm looking forward to the end of the month to really be able to see how much I have paid off. It might not be huge but to see it going down is a really positive step. I've enjoyed de cluttering the house I just hope I can keep the momentum going.

Oh and a small failure... Ended up popping into the local shop to buy a bottle of wine for this evening.

A friend owes me some money, she is always saying she hasn't forgotten yet never seems to pay it back? I'm not sure what to do as very non confrontational and honestly friends are far more important than money so I'd never want to fall out over something like that. It's just that I do really need it (to pay to my cc) I'm not sure whether to remind her or how to word it or anything! I'm just working myself up to it. She's a brilliant friend, the best actually and I know it won't be on purpose. She's just a total scatterbrained and doesn't worry to much about money. I will ask her though. It would be excellent to make a larger lump sum payment to be cc rather than just my payment a day.

We had left over lasagne for tea despite all the shopping I bought. This is a real change. Before I would have eaten the 'new' yummy food and the lasagne would have ended up in be bin.

One of the things that feels so nice is to be in control of what I would call frittering money away on nothing which I hate and therefore feeling ok about spending money on other more worthwhile things.

Right I've rabbited on for long enough
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The unsubtle way to get your money back send her your account details by text and ask her to transfer the money . Of course not everyone does online banking. Explain to your friend that because of your new circumstances you really need the money , send the message in a text if you feel you can't ask her directly.

Others may have a better idea , subtlety is not really me . You have made great progress at a stressful time , enjoy the wine ! Or even better invite the said friend round have a wine and then ask her for your money !
  • Singlemumwithplans
    Options
    Bit the bullet and asked her, she wanted bank details so sent those through, so fingers crossed! That glass of wine might have helped with the courage :rotfl: so you might say the bottle I bought was an investment!
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Let us know if it works xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • Singlemumwithplans
    Options
    Tuesday to do list

1. Cc payment
    2. Ask friend for money she owes
    3. Finish laundry
    4. Finish tidying cupboard of doom
    5. Go through toiletries and cosmetics and clear out/organise
    6. Redeem 2 old scratch cards (not mine, exs - found when clearing out)
    7. Walk doggy
    8. General clean and tidy
    9. Hand wash dress and top
    10. Go through and write a list of payments that will go out from now until pay day. Work out what's left over
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure