Section 75 refunds - article discussion

Options

Comments

• charlotte4940
    Options
    Hi, I purchased an Imac online from a website that was overseas. It cost me £865 on my tesco credit card. 5 weeks later the Imac has not arrived. I have contacted the company several times. 1st it was it is in the delivery process etc then in was we have ran out of stock. At this point I asked for a refund. They said ok but to date I have no refund. They are not replying to me. I have a reciept. The reciept is from the website i purchased it on but the payment is showing as a different website on my statement. Is this going to be a problem?
    Debt Free September 2018 :j
  • quadrille
    Options
    S75.and claims
    One of those who got caught by SMS Legal, U Legal, Scarlet Services. Now told by the
    McAlister & Co "insolvency practitioners" to claim back from card provider under section 75.
    Has anyone been fortunate with a refund.
  • capstain411
    Options
    Hi all.

Found a car through Volvo dealer last Saturday. Asking price £17.5k.

Paid £100 deposit to reserve car on credit card.

Car is HPI clear, but insurance database lists car involved in accident resulting in£15k claim.

It might be car is not damaged, but dealers not confirming this in writing. They are not denying nor confirming. I do not want to take this risk especially will such a large purchase.

There has been cases in past where warranty has been denied citing accident damage. A google search will bring case discussed on MSE?

I have asked dealer for written response 3 times. They are happy to talk over phone, but not reply to email. Sounds dodgy.

How do I go about requesting refund. Requests for refund have gone unheard as well.

Can I get credit card company to refund money.

I will be reporting dealership to Volvo and trading standards.
  • Holmes25
    Options
    Hi all,

I hired a car back in august whilst getting married in Italy. I paid £700+ upfront for the car hire. On arriving home I have had numerous additional payments taken out of my credit card account. (£162 on 2nd Sept, £40 on 9th Nov and TODAY £943.54!!!!) this is ridiculous! I have contacted my bank (halifax) and they cancelled the card straight away and have said as I previously went with the company I need to wait until my new card arrives then put in a dispute credit card claim....however, the company has just gone into administration...where do I now stand???? Do I ring Halifax back and say I want to make a Section 75 claim or do I wait and start a dispute? I'm so confused!
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Holmes25 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I hired a car back in august whilst getting married in Italy. I paid £700+ upfront for the car hire. On arriving home I have had numerous additional payments taken out of my credit card account. (£162 on 2nd Sept, £40 on 9th Nov and TODAY £943.54!!!!) this is ridiculous! I have contacted my bank (halifax) and they cancelled the card straight away and have said as I previously went with the company I need to wait until my new card arrives then put in a dispute credit card claim....however, the company has just gone into administration...where do I now stand???? Do I ring Halifax back and say I want to make a Section 75 claim or do I wait and start a dispute? I'm so confused!

You don't need to wait until your new card arrives, just call Halifax and tell them you want to dispute the transaction as unrecognised. What did you do about the previous transactions which debited last year ? You can still dispute transactions when a company is in administration.
  • Bird69
    Options
    Hi all,

I bought a one plus 3 mobile phone back in June 2016, it has now occurred a fault where it won't charge any more. I have contacted them for a refund, but there reluctant to give me one, stating that they only issue refunds within the 1st 30 days.

I bought the phone with my credit card. Am I able to claim under S75?

Any help greatly appreciated.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bird69 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I bought a one plus 3 mobile phone back in June 2016, it has now occurred a fault where it won't charge any more. I have contacted them for a refund, but there reluctant to give me one, stating that they only issue refunds within the 1st 30 days.

I bought the phone with my credit card. Am I able to claim under S75?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Have a read:-

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• TVPIPE
    TVPIPE Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    I am trying to make a Section 75 claim against my HSBC card. I registered the claim last November, and submitted the required evidence and then heard nothing. I telephoned HSBC regarding this and was advised that there was a 3 month backlog on cases- so they haven't even started looking at my case.

Surely HSBC have to adhere to a strict timeframe regarding Section 75 claims?

Would it accelerate matters if I went straight to the Ombudsman and complained regarding the delay?
  • Ulti
    Ulti Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi All,

I just wanted some confirmation on whether or not I can claim.

My situation is that I bought a phone for around £200 from aliexpress (overseas version of eBay essentially) using my Santander Credit Card in Sep 2016. The phone arrived sometime in Nov 2016. Fast forward to Jan 2017 and the phone stops turning on/doesn't charge. I did some research and asked the seller for help. The seller initially pretended to help but stopped replying and ignored me completely. I then went directly to aliexpress customer support and talked with them roughly every week or so asking for them to do something. They kept offering to investigate but till this day, every time I log onto their live chat customer support they always ask me to repeat the issue and send them evidence over and over again which I believe they're just wasting my time with. The phone is in a spotless condition without a single scratch and has never been dropped etc and it's ridiculous that it stopped working after a mere 3 months and a bit.

My main worry is that it was bought from aliexpress and also I pay back my credit card bills in full monthly so I've already paid back the balance - would these two stop me from claiming under S75?

Thanks.
  • Andrea20
    Options
    Hi All,

Am i entitled to section 75 refund - I shall try to keep it brief

I purchased a vehicle for 7500.00, i paid part by debit card and part £2600;00 by my banks credit card (tsb). I have had the vehicle less than 4 months 2015 reg. The car has broken down twice in last 10 days, just total loss of power. was advised by vauxhall there was a recall update due on vehicle and this may have been what caused 1st brakdown. This update i found out was actually issued before i purchased vehicle approx 3 wks b4. however 5 days later same thing has happened. this is very worrying and extremely dangerous as i was entering a dual carriage way. i am currently awaiting replys from main dealer Thurlow Nunn where vehicle was purchased , as i have requested refund, however i do beleive this is going to be a struggle. Vauxhall says its down to where i purchased vehicle. Clearly it is not fit for purpose, dangerous and unreliable.

Would be greatful for any advice pls ..........................thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport